Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28758
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Excited to join the team that is building next generation Enterprise Cloud product portfolio? You are in the right place. Informatica is on an ambitious Cloud mission to discover, analyze, map, and integrate all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to understand and manage master data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows/Integration in the enterprise.
We’re currently looking for a Lead Software Engineer with experience in building enterprise cloud product with hyper scale to join our Cloud Platform team in Bangalore, to be part of our cloud journey.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be owning and delivering various cloud platform requirements and initiatives. You will be responsible for providing technical leadership with focus on cloud computing and automation with designing systems that works with multi-cloud platforms.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Own, design, lead, develop and deliver highly scalable Cloud Applications/Frameworks.
- Work with Product Management, Architect, Engineering groups to understand the current requirement, future roadmap and deliver forward looking applications/components.
- Lead feature development (end to end) and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Perform research on various technologies and evaluate how they can be integrated
- Demonstrate the “Why” part on decisions with pros and cons and ability to make data driven decisions. Successfully convey the same to stakeholders.
- Ensure high quality is maintained and each code commit is deployable to production with zero down time.
- Get the application feedback from telemetry, product feedback from customers representatives like Support org, Quality feedback from Test Engineers and keep refining the product iteratively
- Contribute to DEVOPS development activities and complex deployment tasks
- Build good technical and architectural knowledge of areas beyond the scope of team or your area of expertise
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Working Experience and proven expertise of cloud architecture and implementation with features like multi-tenancy, high availability, telemetry, elasticity, security.
- Experience in developing full-stack cloud applications which can work with multiple cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud…)
- Good experience in distributed systems, Microservices architecture, Kubernetes, Containerization, Event driven architecture, Cloud native delivery tools with low latency responses
- System “integration & design” experience: Knowledgeable with what “off the shelf” components are available including open source. Ability to make decisions on what to reuse and what to develop.
- Strong emphasis on automation and development/operational efficiency.
- Experience in designing and developing distributed services at scale as well as their Operational aspects.
- Ability to work in high paced environment with “Release Anytime” concept
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, IaC, Terraform, Ansible, test automation frameworks, Git Repository
- Experience supporting services in a 24/7 production environment
- Experience with modern cloud operational and monitoring tools like Sumologic, Splunk, AppDynamics, NewRelic, ELK stack, Opentracing, Grafana, Prometheus etc
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience in J2EE, Spring Framework, Persistence Framework(ORM), Web service protocol stack, XML, JSON, React.js, jQuery, Node.js.
- Knowledge of microservice patterns and practices like circuit breaker, service discovery, service registry, configuration management.
- Firm grasp of API strategies and best practices, Experience in handling high volume transactions, Metering, and throttling
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Experience in designing and delivering cloud applications with agile product delivery
- Experience in Kubernetes, Microservices, Distributed systems with hyper-scale and very hyper volume systems
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN