Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28781
Position Title: Network Engineer
Informatica is looking for a talented and energetic Network Engineer, to be based in our Bangalore, India office. As one of the engineers supporting Informatica’s global data network and systems architecture in over 25 countries, you’ll be part of Informatica’s worldwide Infrastructure team, driving the, deployment, monitoring, and support of our high-speed wired and wireless network connectivity systems and tools, both on-prem and in the cloud.
As a Network Engineer, you will be have a hand in wireless network administration and troubleshooting, local and global load-balancing, firewalls, remote access VPN, SD-WAN, network and systems automation, DHCP, IPAM and bandwidth capacity management. In the role of Network Engineer you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Network Engineer you must have strong technical, communication and collaboration skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
- Cisco routing and switching (LAN WAN, VLAN, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, HSRP)
- Cisco wireless networking technologies
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Cloud network technology - AWS, Azure, and Google
- Multi-factor authentication technologies such as Okta Verify
- Silverpeak SDWAN technology
- F5 load balancers
What You’ll Do
- Follow ITIL processes for incident, problem, change, and release management
- Administer and maintain data center class network technologies centered around Cisco core infrastructure
- Seamlessly integrate traditional on-premise network infrastructure with cloud-based network technology
- Maintain Palo Alto firewall technologies to ensure a high degree of security and resilience is maintained at all time
- Maintain a highly resilience SDWAN infrastructure centered around Silverpeak technologies
- Enable high availability, SSL acceleration and SSL offloading via F5 Big IP technology
- Support a global estate of network infrastructure across multiple locations
- Work closely with distributed teams in a global environment
- Validate, update, and develop processes and procedure in support of the above technologies and environments
- As part of the global team, you will participate in 24x7 follow the sun global support model for network infrastructure
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in IT Operations and Network Engineering in a critical 24x7 environment
- 2+ years of project management experience, including experience managing the rollout of network solutions across a multi-site enterprise
What Does Success Look Like?
- You utilize your excellent networking infrastructure knowledge to accomplish the seamless implementation of enterprise-grade network systems.
- The successful candidate will be a key contributor in a lean and high-performing IT organization of over 400 people who are aligned in several geographically dispersed centers supporting an employee base of over 5,000 people in 25 countries.
Nice to Have
- Professional certifications in networking desirable i.e. CCNP, PCNSE etc.
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Network Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SU1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN