Principal Back End Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 28786
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer in Master Data Management (MDM)
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on premise and in the Cloud.
The Informatica® Master Data Management (MDM) product delivers true multidomain master data management. It empowers companies to improve operations with business-user access to consolidated and reliable business-critical data, even when it’s scattered across the enterprise. Leading organizations in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy, and other fields rely on Informatica master data management software to cut costs and drive revenue by improving operations and making more informed decisions across the enterprise.
We are looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals to work on the next generation of data fueled infrastructure and applications that leverage the latest Cloud and Big Data technologies. Use your experience with big data technologies to break ground in new MDM spaces. You will work effectively within a global team of talented engineers and will take a leading role in all phases of the Agile development process including scope definition, technical design and validation, development and QA, as well as aiding in the support of customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an independent, resourceful engineer with advanced problem solving skills, high degree of competency in building enterprise software products, and enjoy working in fast paced engineering environment. You are passionate and experienced in building the market-leading MDM product.
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto, Canada and will be responsible for:
- Leading and driving the delivery and architecture for significantly large functional areas in the MDM Hub products
- Working closely with architects, development and QA engineers to discuss and evangelize features
- Proactively identifying architectural and implementation weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Proactively share technical knowledge and best practices with team members
- Accurately assess critical factors for success and mitigate risk on deliverables
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation reviews
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 8+ years of Software Development experience is required
- Excellent java server programming skills, in a large system/application environment including the practical knowledge of availability, scalability, clustering, multi-threaded development and performance design patterns
- Excellent Java web application development experience.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting abilities
- Experienced in Agile software development methodology and software development process (SDLC)
- Experience with one of the major database platforms (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Experience with NoSQL database technology is a plus
- Experience with Cloud based application/platform is a plus
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments
- Experience with building CRM and/or EAI platforms and products is a plus
- Ability to prioritize tasks, track and deliver on-time
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Ability to work with customers, developers, documentation, product management and support staff
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement programs, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Back End Engineer
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA