Principal HR Information Systems Analyst (WORKDAY)
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28789
Position Title: Principal HR Information Systems Analyst
Informatica is currently looking for a Principal HR Information Systems Analyst with experience in Workday to join our team in Redwood City, CA or Austin, TX
Provide expertise in Workday for process analysis, design and problem-solving in a complex, multi-system environment with focus on end-to-end processes and impacts. The analyst will act as the liaison between business teams, application vendors and IS for system integrations, enhancements and issue fixes; Responsible for translating business needs to effective design recommendations, system/data analysis, instituting design in system, and participating in testing and deployment activities. Conduct and present quantitative and qualitative analysis of cross-functional people and payroll data in collaboration with business teams. Lead small system upgrades, feature release, interfaces and data conversion projects across functional areas of HR and provide direction for project team members.
As a Principal HR Information Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for leveraging business acumen and subject matter expertise, gain and have a thorough understanding of Informatica’s business priorities, strategy and direction; has expert-level experience and uses professional concepts along with company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. In the role of Principal HR Information Systems Analyst, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Principal HR Information Systems Analyst you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
What You’ll Do
- Provides primary HR/TA Systems consultation and ensure that business processes are aligned and optimized
- Identify complex tech solutions for HR systems, with a primary focus on Workday
- Ensure application implementation solutions support the business objectives (asset gathering, cost optimization, client loyalty improvement), as appropriate. Provide architectural leadership in shaping strategic, business technology programs, with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilize domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs.
- Support end users and continue to educate/train them on the use of the various global systems
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and to senior leadership when required
- Provide on-going feedback to teams and peers across organizations to help drive systems adoption
- Prioritize technology solution requirements agreed with key stakeholders, including identification of associated trade-offs
- Monitors application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld
- Produce technology roadmaps in support of SIs application portfolio vision and strategy.
- Work effectively, providing advanced support, beyond area of ownership of tasks assigned
- Support the HCM and Talent and Performance Management work streams of a Workday implementation, driving towards decisions and recommending best practices related to Workday functionality.
- Drives company-wide programs and initiatives to implement new/revised HR and/or TA business support policies and procedures in line with good practice, HR/TA project plans and changes to legislation
- Lead and assist team members with end to end architecture, integration and data strategy.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- 10+ years of technical experience, with a minimum of 5+ years of Workday experience across all modules within Workday/ full product suite
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Workday Security knowledge is also critical to the role
- Demonstrate design options through the use of prototyping.
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of systems development lifecycles and projects
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Workday certifications in HCM, Security, Core and Advance Compensation, Benefits.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) : Austin, TX
Community / Marketing Title: Principal HR Information Systems Analyst (WORKDAY)
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US