Lead UI Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 28857
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer - UI, MDM (Master Data Management)
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on premise and in the Cloud.
The Informatica® Master Data Management (MDM) product delivers true multidomain master data management. It empowers companies to improve operations with business-user access to consolidated and reliable business-critical data, even when it’s scattered across the enterprise. Leading organizations in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy, and other fields rely on Informatica master data management software to cut costs and drive revenue by improving operations and making more informed decisions across the enterprise.
MDM (Master Data Management) is one of the fastest growing product lines at Informatica. As the Lead/Senior UI Engineer for all MDM initiatives, you will be on the forefront of an exciting space that is evolving rapidly and a space that is very strategic to the team. You will be a key contributor to a high-performing team of engineering and you will work directly with MDM Architecture, Product management teams and Quality assurance teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are technically strong and stay on top of technological trends. You are an experienced software engineer, proud of the work you do, and passionate about the quality and customer satisfaction. You like the excitement of creating new features and leading the design effort. You contribute to a trusting and open environment by being a dedicated member of the cross-functional feature team.
In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Passion for user interface, experience and visual appeal
- Ability to technically design solutions that shield the user from underlying complexity
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Can accurately assess critical factors for success and mitigate risk on deliverables
- Proactively share technical knowledge and best practices with team members
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Articulate ideas and thoughts clearly and easily
- Interact well with team leaders, peers, junior staff and other managers
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto, Canada and will be responsible for:
- Design and implement the MDM User Interface Infrastructure and UI components
- Design and develop easy-to-use robust features that perform and scale in a multi-tenant environment
- Proactively identifying architectural and implementation weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Contribute to the all aspect of the engineering process; i.e., Agile, design reviews, etc.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of Software Development experience is reqired
- Expert level knowledge and experience with one or more of the DOM Manipulating Frameowoks: JQuery, YUI, DOJO, ExtJS.
- Experience with one or more Server side UI techonologies: JSP, JSF, PHP
- Expert level knowledge and experience with one or more of the client side MVC Frameowoks: AngularJS, ReactJS.
- Experience with UI Layout frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience with client side Unit testing and e2e frameworks and tools: Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, PhontomJS
- Experience with UI Debugging, Profiling.
- Experience with UI build, Packaging and Optimization tools: Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, Bower.
- Experience with JSON, XML
- Experience with RESTful services.
- Experience with building single page web applications.
- Experience with UML.
- Understanding of the software development process (SDLC / Agile) in a software product company.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams across time zones.
- Nice to have Visualisation Libraries experience with: D3, Highcharts.
- Nice to have UI Performance experience.
- Nice to have e2e testing experience.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead UI Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA