Lead back End Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 28858
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer in Master Data Management (MDM)
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on premise and in the Cloud.
The Informatica® Master Data Management (MDM) product delivers true multidomain master data management. It empowers companies to improve operations with business-user access to consolidated and reliable business-critical data, even when it’s scattered across the enterprise. Leading organizations in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy, and other fields rely on Informatica master data management software to cut costs and drive revenue by improving operations and making more informed decisions across the enterprise.
We are looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals to work on the next generation of data fueled infrastructure and applications that leverage the latest Cloud and Big Data technologies. You will work with global team of talented engineers and use big data technologies to break ground in new MDM spaces.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are technically strong and stay on top of technological trends. You are an experienced software engineer, proud of the work you do, and passionate about the quality and customer satisfaction. You like the excitement of creating new features and leading the design effort. You contribute to a trusting and open environment by being a dedicated member of the cross-functional feature team.
In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accurately assess critical factors for success and mitigate risk on deliverables
- Proactively share technical knowledge and best practices with team members
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Articulate ideas and thoughts clearly and easily
- Interact well with team leaders, peers, junior staff and other managers at various positions
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto, Canada and will:
- Implement product features based on high level design and technical design specifications
- Write clean maintainable product code, develop and maintain the tests Work with the product management and product delivery teams on defining and validating the requirements Handle scoping, planning, internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Contribute to all aspects of the engineering process, i.e. agile, design reviews, etc.
- Handle internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation reviews
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of Software Development experience is required
- Strong java server programming skills in availability, scalability, clustering, multi-threaded development and performance design patterns
- Hands-on Java web application development experience.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting abilities
- Experienced in Agile software development methodology and software development process (SDLC)
- Experience with RDMBS and NoSQL database platforms, such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Elastic Search, MongoDB.
- Experience with big data technologies is a plus
- Experience with Cloud based application/platform is a plus
- Experience building micro-services is a plus
- Understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments
- Ability to prioritize tasks, track and deliver on-time
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Ability to work with customers, developers, documentation, product management and support staff
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead back End Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA