Principal Software Engineer_ Java Backend
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28873
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Excited to join the team that is building next generation Enterprise Cloud product portfolio? You are in the right place. Informatica is on an ambitious Cloud mission to discover, analyze, map, and integrate all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to understand and manage master data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows/Integration in the enterprise.
We’re currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer with experience in building enterprise cloud product with hyper scale to join our Cloud Platform team in Bangalore to be part of our cloud journey.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be playing a vital role in designing, building, and enhancing our enterprise cloud product suites. You will take a lead in creating cloud applications and frameworks, providing technical leadership with focus on cloud computing and automation with designing systems that works with multi-cloud platforms.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Own, design, lead, develop and deliver highly scalable Cloud Applications/Frameworks.
- Work with Product Management, Architects and Engineering leaders to understand the vision, product roadmap, and build forward looking Cloud Architecture & Design.
- Contribute to development within various Engineering groups
- Perform research on various technologies and evaluate how they can be integrated
- Demonstrate the “Why” part on architecture/decisions with pros and cons and ability to make data driven decisions
- Get feedback from telemetry, Customers representatives like Support org, Engineering and keep refining the cloud architecture delivery iteratively
- Contribute to DEVOPS development activities and complex development tasks
- Advise and educate stakeholders on the benefits of proposed approaches to software and solutions development
- Build good technical and architectural knowledge of areas beyond the scope of team or your area of expertise
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Working Experience and proven expertise of cloud architecture and implementation with features like multi-tenancy, high availability, telemetry, elasticity, security.
- Experience in architecting and designing components which can work with multiple cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud…)
- Good experience in distributed systems, Microservices architecture, Kubernetes, Containerization, Event driven architecture, Domain driven Design, Cloud native delivery tools with low latency responses
- Systems “build from scratch” experience: Have experience in designing and developing full-stack cloud applications integrating with databases, queues, Cloud Native Apps, REST APIs following microservice best practices.
- System “integration & design” experience: Knowledgeable with what “off the shelf” components are available, including open source. Familiar with pros and cons of major options for persistence, virtualization/containers/clustering, data processing frameworks.
- “Know and Own what you build”: Intimately familiar with core “system” concepts for Linux. Can do capacity planning for cloud deployments. Knows how to define and build monitoring and measurement metrics. Strong emphasis on automation and development/operational efficiency.
- Efficiency, Performance, and scalability: Have implemented complex systems that can perform and scale well under load using minimum resources.
- Excellent knowledge and experience on cloud Non-Functional Requirements and quantify the benefits and incorporate in the design with no compromise on Cloud First design
- Ability to work in high paced environment with “Release Anytime” concept
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, IaC, Terraform, Ansible, test automation frameworks, Git Repository
- Excellent knowledge of modern cloud operational and monitoring tools like Sumologic, Splunk, AppDynamics, NewRelic, ELK stack, Opentracing, Grafana, Prometheus etc
- Strong experience in J2EE, Spring Framework, Persistence Framework(ORM), Web service protocol stack, XML, JSON, React.js, jQuery, Node.js.
- Good understanding and experience of microservice patterns and practices like circuit breaker, service discovery, service registry, configuration management.
- Firm grasp of API strategies and best practices, Experience in handling high volume transactions, Data transfers, Data limits, Metering, and throttling
- Enjoys working with engineers and mentoring junior ones; Comfortable working with senior architects and engineering leaders.
- Enjoys working in fast-paced, no-nonsense, diverse, and collaborative environment. We take our culture seriously and are very proud of it.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 4+ years’ experience in designing and delivering cloud applications with high scale cloud product delivery
- Strong experience in Kubernetes, Networks, Security, Distributed systems with hyper-scale and very hyper volume systems
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer_ Java Backend
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-CT1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN