Principal QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28903
Position Title: Principal QA Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Principal QA Engineer with experience in developing software products to join our team in Bangalore.
Informatica Cloud (http://www.informaticacloud.com/) is an Integration Platform offered as a Service (iPaaS) on Cloud. We are a team of product engineers building infrastructure to deliver data and application integration, data management and data analytics services to customers on Cloud. The team comprises of diverse, experienced technologists who enjoy working in fast paced delivery model with high performance work culture.
As our Principal QA Engineer, you will be responsible for working on the Cloud Application Integration team and will be responsible for testing and automating tests to deliver a high-quality product. In the role of Principal QA Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as a Principal QA Engineer, you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
- Core Java, TestNG, Selenium, JUnit
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Develop stable and reliable test automations
- Automate performance, stress and longevity testing
- Understand requirements and translate them into test plans and test cases
- Develop excellent understanding of the products and contribute to future product roadmap and goals
- Mentor and work with junior engineers to deliver features end-to-end
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Review test plans, test cases and documentation and provide feedback
- Conduct technical job interviews.
- Do what it takes to make a cloud application work end-to-end: handle customer and production issues, manage test environments and automations and work with Dev to ensure good quality
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline from top tier engineering schools
- 9 years or more professional product software development and test automation experience
- Understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments
- Experience in Core Java, Relational Databases and test automation tools and frameworks, and application servers like Tomcat
- Experience in UI and backend (through REST and SOAP APIs) testing and automation
- Experience in performance testing (UI and API)
- Knowledge and experience of performance testing tools and concepts
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Energetic and motivated self-starter
What We’d Like to See
- Experience developing test frameworks
- Experience using lightweight and/or agile methods is desirable
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal QA Engineer
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN