Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28912
Position Title: Principal Paralegal
Informatica is a globally recognized leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management! Our software is used to manage the data of some of the most visible Fortune 500 entities and government agencies in the world. We have thousands of customers and employees, and we operate all over the globe. Our software is helping to build self-driving electric cars and coordinate innovative cancer research! We are offering you the opportunity to join a legal team that tackles an interesting and diverse set of challenges around software licensing, cloud computing, international regulatory compliance, corporate matters and more.
Our Ideal Candidate
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced mid-level Corporate Paralegal to join our in-house legal department. As a valued member of the legal team you will provide primary support to the Corporate practice group.
This position will be in our Redwood City, California or Austin, Texas office and will report to the Deputy GC Corporate in Redwood City.
• Corporate Governance
o Using Diligent Board Books, assist in all matters related to the Board and Committee meetings.
o Assist in the preparation of draft Board and Committee meeting minutes, resolutions, agendas, and secretary’s certificates, obtain requisite signatures, track and file same.
o Partner with internal and external auditors to fulfill requests.
o Oversee and drive subsidiary compliance through CT Corporation filings and legal maintenance; working closely with finance, tax, outside consultants, and global legal team.
o Maintain subsidiary legal files and records using Diligent Entities.
o Provide administrative support for documents and activities related to M&A activity, new entity formations, dissolutions, and changes in directors and officers.
o Provide support for documents related to financial transactions, including document and signature organization for closings.
o Ability to provide public company support if needed in the future; including all SEC periodic and Section 16 filings, proxy process, trading windows, and related matters.
o Work with Legal Operations Manager on internal systems and processes.
o Identify and implement process improvements and solutions.
Education and Experience
• 8+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal.
• Law firm experience supporting private and public companies.
• In-house experience at an international public or private company.
• Knowledge or familiarity with corporate governance, entity types, dissolutions, and various corporate transactions.
• Excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Diligent Boards and Diligent Entities or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate.
• Notary, a plus; will be expected to acquire notary status.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
• Articulate and professional demeanor.
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills for corporate documentation.
• Team player able to handle shifting priorities.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and drive long-term projects with little supervision.
• Intellectually curious with ability to process a great deal of information; willing to take initiative.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Maintain confidentiality and exercise a high standard of judgment and discretion.
• Able to multi-task in a in a high-volume, rapidly changing environment; able to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in the office, flexibility with working hours, overtime.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) : Austin, TX
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Paralegal
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US