Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28929
Position Title: Technical Writer
The Knowledge Base (KB) team is a group of Content Analysts who are responsible for all documentation within Informatica Global Customer Support (GCS). Content Analysts are primarily responsible for editing and publishing technical articles, monitoring site traffic and content adoption by customers, designing and reviewing support videos and multimedia modules, executing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) activities, authoring end-user manuals, and publishing blogs in-house and on the company websites.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to create and manage the content within our internal and external Knowledge Base. In this role, you will be required to use your writing and editing skills to ensure that the knowledge base articles published are of highest quality. Understanding of the workings of a support organization, content management, and search engine optimization are critical for this role.
As an integral part of the KB team, you will be expected to:
- Edit Knowledge Base articles for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Informatica's commitment to quality
- Ensure timely availability and search-ability of highly technical documents in Informatica Knowledge Base for our customers
- Review the content consumption by customers and devise strategies to ensure better adoption
- Plan, develop, and write highly technical information that describes the functionality and behavior of Informatica products
- Gather information from technical specialists and SMEs and write FAQs, technical tips, and white papers on common problems reported by customers
- Understand and gain hands on experience on Informatica products
- 3+ years in the field of technical writing/content management/knowledge management
- Proficiency of Knowledge Base concepts is mandatory
- Understanding of a CRM and KCS compliant authoring system such as Salesforce is recommended
- Understanding of site traffic analysis, HTML, Web concepts, and hands-on experience in video editing or with tools such as Omniture, Woopra, or Walk Me is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/English/Journalism or equivalent technical experience
- Certification in Technical Writing or Instructional Design will be an added advantage
- Excellent writing, documentation, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office is mandatory
- Great attitude, energy, and attention to detail are critical
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Content Analyst
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SU1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN