Inside Sales Representative
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 28934
Position Title: Inside Sales Representative
Job Profile Summary
The Prime Inside Sales Representative (ISR) sells Informatica’s products, systems and/or services via telephone or electronic means to customers in assigned territory, industry, or accounts. Sales can be made through multichannel, inbound and/or outbound sales activities. The Prime ISR is responsible for the entire sales cycle for assigned accounts. This includes lead generation, prospecting, deal consultation, closing deals, and continued support through the end of the sales cycle. Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry, as well as the competitive posture of the company, and prepares activity and forecast reports as requested. Represents the company to the customer and the customer to the company in all sales-oriented activities. Focuses on acquiring new customers and retaining and growing an existing installed base of customers. This position is in Austin, TX and will be driving sales effort in the Commercial space.
In our Commercial Market Segment, the Prime ISR will cover a high volume of accounts across all industries ranging from 250 million and below. While the position will sell primarily to existing and net new companies in this role, the incumbent will focus much of their time on driving sales prospects toward Informatica solutions. The sales cycle in this segment requires that they to manage many opportunities concurrently. While this role is often part of a collaborative effort, incumbents are expected to operate independently when necessary, as highly dynamic hands-on technologists.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and execute outbound multi-channel prospecting strategy. Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer engagement to exceed assigned sales targets.
- Drive opportunity creation, deal progression, and closure of new business within defined account segmentation.
- Expands sales within existing and/or new accounts while building relationships with key decision makers.
- Own and manage sales excellence in forecasting, pipeline development, and CRM opportunity management.
- Define and execute upon go-to-market strategy to identify incremental pipeline gains and revenue within whitespace accounts. Align and collaborate with sales ecosystem (Pre-Sales, Business Development, Customer Success and Renewals) to implement go-to-market and generate net new business.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc).
- Lead demand generation and promote campaigns from conception, planning, execution, and launch to post-launch analysis.
- Explores and understands customer requirements on both a business and technical level to create a strategic plan of action.
- Prepare and conduct virtual presentations, while maintaining effective communication with customer decision makers and influencers.
- Responsible for large, diverse, complex territories and/or products
- Work towards exceeding assigned business, pipeline and revenue goals while ensuring a customer first approach
- Generate prospective customers through cold calling and may qualify and follow up with sales leads
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with channel partners.
- Consistent regular attendance at work
- May perform other duties and responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Use professional concepts and apply company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Utilizes professional and educational training, along with relevant previous experiences, to gain understanding of customer's decision-making process, goals, and business objectives.
- Understands general business and technical context of assigned accounts.
- Functioning knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Lake, Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Database, Business Intelligence, and or overall Enterprise data platforms
- Effective presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills.
- Deep understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives
- Experienced selling within the software sales industry including actively partnering with technical sales specialists
Education & Experience Requirements
- 4+ years of relevant sales experience
- BA/BS degree is preferred
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Inside Sales Representative
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JG1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US