Information Security Engineer
Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 28935
Position Title: Information Security Engineer
Informatica is currently looking for an Information Security Engineer with experience in Information Security Engineering to join our team in Dublin, Ireland.
The Information Security Engineer is responsible for identifying, building and integrating Open Source and off-the-shelf security technologies to create an effective and automated set of detection, prevention and resiliency capabilities.
Together, these will provide our customers safe, secure, and compliant corporate services. The engineer will be providing employees a trustworthy environment to conduct business at Informatica and be accountable for building and maintaining our security posture. The engineer and the Information Security team are ultimately responsible for earning and maintaining customers trust at Informatica and enabling the business to take smart risks.
What you’ll Do
- Calibrate security control systems with the desired risk posture for our enterprise and our customers
- Automate security controls to reduce our attack surface, proactively seek out vulnerabilities, and decrease response and recovery times. Partner with DevOps and Operations teams to integrate the controls into our orchestration systems to ensure a consistent infrastructure state
- Optimize security tool deployments and introduce scalable processes across IT and InfoSec capabilities
- Contribute and collaborate with other Information Security team members across the broad spectrum of information security programs, such as Threat & Vulnerability Management, Security Response, Information Protection, Governance and Compliance.
- Consistent regular attendance at an assigned work location
- Travel requirements – up to 10% Domestic and/or International
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering field
- Practical experience with security @ scale across multiple cloud environments: AWS, Azure, GCP, and VMWare
- Prior exposure/experience with SIEM & vulnerability management capabilities
- Experience configuring and maintaining WAF rules, host-based firewalls, and log management
- Regulatory compliance experience in HIPAA, SOC2, ISO27k environment preferred
- Strong experience with scripting, programming, regular expressions, and API-level integration tools
What Does Success Look Like?
- Utilize your existing skill and knowledge and make positive impact to the Information Security team
- Willingness to be a team player and work together as a team
- Appetite for continue to grow and learn new skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with threat modeling and risk analysis
- Experience in a combination of Information Security, IT Engineering, IT Architecture, Application Operations, or DevOps capacity
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Information Security Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE