Associate Director - Data Operations
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 28936
Position Title: Associate Director, Product Specialist
As Associate Director - Data Operations, you are a strategic member of the Office of the CCO, reporting to the Vice President of Strategy & Operations. The Strategy & Operations team at Informatica leads high-impact strategic projects to help accelerate the top organizational priorities. We help streamline execution against new opportunities, define strategic direction and optimize business operations. Team works directly with senior leaders across the entire purchase to value lifecycle and makes an impact every day.
We are looking for a leader in Data Engineering to bootstrap a data operations team to manage existing data resources, implement new technologies and tooling to further enable science and business analytics, as well as help drive the data-driven vision of the customer adoption & renewals organization. In this role you will split your time between hands on development and managerial activities. You will own data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new data related processes that support key customer facing functions. You will gather requirements through direct interaction with business operation leaders, data science teams, as well as key business stakeholders and will drive key initiatives forward closely working with the CDO office. You will track the performance of our resources and related capabilities, constantly evolving our offering in order to scale our capability to support the growth of our business.
Our Ideal Candidate
A self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and a keen eye for details. Can think quickly make quality decisions despite ambiguity, is highly motivated and driven to make a difference. You are a thought partner to senior leaders to effectively deliver innovative and actionable business insights.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create clean, reliable, and scalable “single-source-of-truth” data sets by partnering with teams to address data issues in upstream systems and document data lineage, business logic, and definitions
- Analyzing and solving complex business problems, breaking down the work into actionable tasks, and working with stakeholders to plan and communicate delivery commitments
- Design & Develop Data Lake, Data Warehouses, Data Models, Data Integration solutions using Informatica suite of enterprise cloud data management products.
- Demonstrate strong functional and technical knowledge on Informatica products including architecture, design and implementation.
- In-depth understanding of big data technology, concepts, tools, features, functions and benefits of different approaches to apply them.
- Develop a strong understanding of business processes for functions such as Customer Support, Sales, Customer success, Renewals, Finance to be able to better support the Business needs.
- Collaborate with Business operation leaders, Data Scientists and Application teams to design and build robust data models
- Work with data engineers to develop various data visualizations, Reports and Dashboards to provide insights required to drive business goals.
- Translate the functional requirements to high level design and build technical specifications document.
- Strong SQL skills
- 12+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using EMR, Hadoop, Hive, or other Big Data technologies
- Experience in working on Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS) and Azure Data Warehouse/Azure SQL DB.
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
- Able to work effectively independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director - Data Operations
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN