Senior Software/Development Architect
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 28996
Position Title: Senior Development Architect
Excited to join the team that is building next generation Enterprise Cloud product portfolio? You are in the right place. Informatica is on an ambitious Cloud mission to discover, analyze, map, and integrate all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to understand and manage master data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows/Integration in the enterprise.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Software Architect with experience in building enterprise cloud product with hyper scale to join our team in Redwood City to be part of our cloud journey.
As our Software Architect, you will be playing a vital role in architecting, designing, and building and enhancing our enterprise cloud product suites. You will take a lead in creating technology framework, providing technical leadership with focus on cloud computing and automation with designing systems that works with multi-cloud platforms. In the role of Architect, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the architect you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Own, develop and deliver software Architecture, Design, Development, Vision and Strategy
- Work with Product Management and Engineering leaders to understand the vision, product roadmap and build forward looking software Architecture & Design
- Hands on with building the early validation of the architecture, structure to build the code, and start and contribute to development within various Engineering groups
- Perform research on various technologies and evaluate how they can be integrated
- Develop set of proven deployable and documented design patterns based on Informatica product portfolio
- Demonstrate the “Why” part on architecture/decisions with pros and cons and ability make data driven decisions
- Get the feedback from telemetry, Customers representatives like Support org, Engineering and keep refining the software architecture delivery iteratively
- Contribute to DEVOPS development activities and complex development tasks
- Advise and educate stakeholders on the benefits of proposed approaches to software and solutions development
- Advocate software engineering best practices including secured application development
- Keep up to date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Working Experience and proven expertise of software architecture and implementation with features like multi-tenancy, high availability, telemetry, elasticity, security.
- Solid experience architecting and designing products for Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP preferably using Java stack
- Good experience in distributed systems, Microservices architecture, Event driven architecture, Domain driven Design, Cloud native delivery tools with low latency responses
- Systems “build from scratch” experience: Have experience in designing and developing significant “back-end” components for databases, applications, data management, operating systems, or virtualization technologies.
- System “integration & design” experience: Knowledgeable with what “off the shelf” components are available including open source. Familiar with pros and cons of major options for persistence, virtualization/containers/clustering, data processing frameworks.
- Technical judgement: Knows when to build from scratch and when to use “off the shelf” component – and which one to use for given use case.
- System admin: intimately familiar with core “system” concepts for Linux. Can do capacity planning for cloud deployments. Knows how to define and build monitoring and measurement metrics. Strong emphasis on automation: If someone needs to execute a command twice, automate first. Excellent knowledge of Linux, caches, queues, streams, distributed systems, and APIs.
- Efficiency, Performance, and scalability: Have implemented complex systems that can perform and scale well under load using minimum resources. Knows which knobs are available and tweakable.
- Deep understanding of AI, Operational use of utilizing AI/ML to drive high availability low cost cloud solution
- Excellent knowledge and experience on cloud Non-Functional Requirements and quantify the benefits and incorporate in the design with no compromise on Cloud First design
- Proven and demonstrated ability to architect the application with high availability, supporting Hyper-scale, debuggability, security, compliance
- Ability to work in high paced environment with “Release Anytime” concept
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, IaC, Terraform, Ansible, test automation frameworks, Git Repository
- Excellent knowledge of modern cloud operational and monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Sumo Logic, Panopta
- Firm grasp of API strategies and best practices, Experience in handling high volume transactions, Data transfers, Data limits, Metering, and throttling
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Engineer at heart. Like to code and do not mind rolling up sleeves to get things done.
- Lifelong learner; Enjoys working with engineers and mentoring junior ones; Comfortable working with senior leaders and general managers
- Enjoys working in fast-paced, no-nonsense, diverse, and collaborative environment. We take our culture seriously and are very proud of it.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 15+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 6+ years’ Cloud experience in Cloud Architecture with high scale cloud product delivery
- Strong experience in Kubernetes, Networks, Security, Distributed systems with hyper-scale and very hyper volume systems.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software/Development Architect
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US