Lead QA Engineer - Java Automation
Location: Hyderabad, IN
Job Number: 29008
Position Title: Lead QA Engineer
Lead Software Engineer – QA
Informatica Data Security Group (DSG) is a product development team who focus on development of Industry Leading Data Security Products. The products help customers to discover and protect sensitive data across the enterprise. See the URL for additional details: https://www.informatica.com/products/data-security.html
The position is suited for energetic engineers with experience working on enterprise scale software products or solutions. As a Senor QA Engineer, you will participate in the testing effort of enterprise software. You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test automation, programs to assure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools using Java to increase productivity and efficiency. You will play a key role in on-time product delivery with high quality and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements. The position is suited for highly motivated, innovative and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the latest technology stack. You will work on a broad spectrum of technologies including the latest and emerging technologies in the Big Data space.
Our Ideal Candidate
This position is suited for highly energetic self-driven individual who aspires to achieve challenging goals as part of his career objective. As an ideal candidate, you shall be responsible for developing automation, conducting functional, tests with efficient usage of automation tools and API testing, and provide feedback and advice to product development. You shall be able to efficiently prioritize and organize your tasks. You take ownership of component(s) and ensure that all aspects of quality are met. You have passion towards quality and are a constant innovator and process improvement to SQA procedures.
- Deliver improvements to automation framework, and fill gaps in automation of tests
- Develop automated tests not only for your features but also to support other QA engineers
- Design, create, and use test automation tools and harnesses
- Oversee the overall QA life-cycle, from test planning, to implementation, execution and results reporting
- Design and implement test cases in a rapid prototyping environment with minimal supervision
- Understand technical test challenges and design feasible solutions to address them
- Work closely with Development lead, Product Managers (PM), Global customer service, Professional Services (IPS), etc. to validate the solutions built for industry segments
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders across the organization
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with the team to design and develop solutions.
- Organize own tasks and takes responsibility for progress and completion
- Interact with senior, internal and external personnel
- Ability to communicate or present to the whole product team and occasionally across products
- Interacts with and influences other groups on same product and cross product groups.
- Have a positive attitude towards the challenges and possess the feel to be a good fit with Informatica culture.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Strong academic background - BE/MS/MCA in Computer Science.
- 6+ years of QA experience.
- Excellent knowledge of JAVA
- Hands-on experience building REST-assured Framework
- Good knowledge on Cucumber framework
- Strong hands-on experience in Selenium and expertise in developing UI Frameworks using Selenium/Java
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Good knowledge in CI/CD tools implementation and practices.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL’s for relational databases (Like MSSQL, Oracle)
- Experience with technologies like Tomcat, Ant/Maven/Gradle.
- Knowledge on ETL/BI Testing is desirable.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Zephyr
- The candidate should have prior experience dealing with full product development lifecycles and multiple releases, preferably of large enterprise software products
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of QA processes and methodologies.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead QA Engineer - Java Automation
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MR2
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, IN