Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 29018
Position Title: Sr Technical Support Engineer
Informatica is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join our European team of highly skilled support staff. Our support teams deal with a wide range of products including Cloud, Data Integration, Data Quality, Governance and Big Data.
As our Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing world class technical support for Informatica Cloud and Platform products. In the role of Technical Support Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment on cutting edge technology. Working as the Technical Support Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration skills and a laser focus on customer success.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Managing customer issues within our SalesForce CRM system
- Provide best of class technical support to customers, partners, and internal teams.
- Manage the technical support lifecycle all the way to successful resolution by analysing and reproducing problems and managing customer expectations throughout.
- Ability to ensure actions are followed-up in a timely manner and with attention to detail.
- Coordinate with other teams to identify, report and speed up resolution of product defects.
- Update the on-line knowledge base regularly.
- Handle customer situations with diplomacy, sensitivity, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Manage difficult customer situations and escalations calmly and professionally.
- A BSc/MSc (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3+ years of industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Fluency in English and one of the following languages Spanish, Dutch, Italian, French or German is required (other European languages considered).
- A high degree of analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practice – particularly Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Good experience in Windows and Linux (Red Hat and SuSE) flavours of operating system.
- EU/EEA citizen or work permit for Ireland.
What We’d Like to See
- Passionate about delivering the highest quality of customer success.
- A team player who can work both independently and collaboratively.
- An avid learner and adaptable to a fast-changing technical environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers at all levels as well as internal stakeholders.
- Keen interest in keeping up to date with new technological trends.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE