Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 29047
Position Title: Development Architect
We’re currently looking for a Development Architect with experience in full stack web application development to join our team in Redwood City, California.
As our Development Architect in the Informatica Cloud team, you will be responsible for designing and building the next generation cloud platform. In the role of Development Architect, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Development Architect you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
- AWS, Azure, GCP, Sumologic.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Work with the QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Passionately share your knowledge: you enjoy mentoring team members, can communicate effectively, and clearly articulate and support UX decisions to a wide audience
- Assist customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems.
- 12 or more years of enterprise software development experience
- Strong relational database experience
- Good knowledge on the requirements of cloud enterprise software
- Knowledge of network (DNS, HAProxy, firewall configuration, API gateway, WAF, routing)
- Good understanding of cloud security (SSL, encryption and key management)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Istio, Docker), cloud platforms (AWS, Azure GCP), and cloud deployment (Helms and Jenkins deployment)
- Experience with cloud logging and management tools (Sumologic, APM)
- Experience with Message Queue, such as Kafka
- Strong object-oriented programming skills; good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to guide and mentor other team members and lead projects
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred.
What We’d Like to See
- Experience with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Development Architect
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US