Principal Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29056
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
The Metadata Foundation R&D is on an ambitious mission to discover, analyze and map all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to find, classify, catalog and analyze data assets and data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows in the enterprise. The group is responsible for providing a unified, highly scalable and extensible metadata cataloging and visualization foundation for our fast-growing Data Catalog, Data Security and Data Governance applications and fueling intelligence for our broader Enterprise Cloud Data Management offerings.
Metadata is foundational to Informatica’s Intelligent Data Platform on which all Informatica products are built. We are looking for a Principal Engineer/Architect who will lead a team of highly talented developers driving and delivering a cutting-edge platform working closely with sales, product managers, professional services. This is your opportunity to accelerate and deliver a highly scalable hybrid cloud and on-premise platform leveraging the latest big data technologies.
You will work in a fast-paced environment with a keen commitment to customer success and work very closely with cross functional teams, product managers and customers to shape the roadmap of the core platform.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a highly motivated professional who demonstrates strong programming and problem-solving skills along with the ability to quickly understand the product and grasp new technologies. You have a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software. You can work independently as well as with distributed teams. You are creative and like the excitement of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Developing a scalable architecture that is easy to deploy both on-premise and the cloud for the Metadata Foundation platform
- Collaborating with several cross functional teams, architects, product managers and engineers
- Participate in architecture discussions, design and code reviews and provide timely feedback
- Work closely with our Global Customer Support teams to address critical customer issues
- Work closely with R&D counterparts and key stake holders for onboarding onto the Metadata Foundation platform
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to team members
- Hiring strong and diverse talent to strengthen the team
Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or a related discipline with at least 8 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience architecting and developing large enterprise scale distributed, high performance platforms
- Very strong technical skills with the ability to evaluate key technical proposals and hire and mentor excellent engineers
- Experience building, onboarding and maintaining metadata repositories and data management platforms is essential
- Experience with Linux scripting, container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience through the entire platform development lifecycle, building platforms from the ground up, onboarding stakeholders on the platform as well as supporting successful adoption of products and customers on the platform.
- Excellent presentation skills, sharing technical decisions and discuss complex technical details with cross-functional teams, executives and external partners
- Working knowledge on technologies around persistence, search, graph and distributed technologies
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SA1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN