Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29115
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Informatica’s Connectivity group is responsible for Informatica’s ever-expanding data connectivity needs. It’s ‘Universal Connectivity’ theme drives Informatica’s vendor neutrality claim and serves as one of the key differentiators over our competitors. Informatica connectors provide connectivity to a wide variety of interfaces, prominent among them being Cloud Systems, Relational systems, Data warehouse appliances, Hadoop connectors, Web service endpoints and ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft).
The connector product team is responsible for research, development, and delivery of connectivity needs to the Informatica Platform that is at the core of Informatica’s products. The connectors need to not only be highly performing, scalable and extensible but also need to provide differentiated and advanced features such as change data capture, push down optimization, filtering and update strategy to name a few.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an experienced software engineer who has deep system expertise. You have significant experience in designing and developing large-scale distributed enterprise applications and platform services. You enjoy working on technically challenging projects. You are willing to work on many different projects and interested in assuming various responsibilities. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, India, and will:
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team, compose the feature design documents
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Being part of the Agile team as an active member.
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stake holders to show progress against requirements
- Review QA test specifications and feature documents
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making, and technical documentation
- Mentor junior engineers on technical, architectural, design, and related issues
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Responsible for Performance and scalability of the features
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Strong knowledge of Data Integration/Data Replication and/or Enterprise Application Integration product
- Excellent coding and object-oriented design skills in Java and C++(minimal)
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred
- Hands-on experience of J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, OSGi, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON preferred
- Familiarity with MVC and coding patterns
- Solid knowledge of relational database system fundamentals desired
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN