MDM Product Specialist
Location: Parkview Square, SG
Job Number: 29129
Position Title: Product Specialist
Informatica is looking for an experienced and dynamic professional pre-sales specialist who wants to continue their career specialising in one of Informatica’s key growth areas: MDM (Master Data Management). The role can be based in either Singapore, Sydney or Hong Kong, supporting the regional APJ Sales & Pre-Sales teams with in-depth MDM expertise.
Reporting to the Director, MDM Solutions (including MDM, PIM and DaaS), you will join an APJ-wide team of specialists who provide an expert level service to the wider field Sales and Pre-Sales community. Our specialist team members have the role of being an evangelist, enabler, and trusted advisor to support our high growth and high value solutions around MDM (including Big Data scenarios and in the Cloud) and connect these to the most relevant industry challenges. We engage as domain experts in strategic projects and deals to position data as a C-Level topic and support the teams to increase our value proposition and demonstrate the criticality of Informatica’ s portfolio to our customer’s success.
Support field opportunities with expert level knowledge:
- Provide expert technical and solutioning assistance to the region Pre-Sales teams, where opportunity ownership is aligned to the field; Validate opportunities technically, determine and discover needs, and validate the proposed solution for technical closure.
- Understand the business issues the solutions can affect and assists in translating the business requirements into a solution that can be addressed by our MDM and related products.
- Being able to deliver a complex story in a very simple way Coordinates with the extended Pre-Sales team to build assets which clearly articulate to the customer the business value of the company's solutions.
- Draws upon domain expertise and practical experience to become a trusted advisor to the customer's technical and business elements.
- Create repeatable counter strategies to competitive threats and provide subject matter material to support the broader Pre-Sales team; Build and maintain strong relationships with regional and specialist Sales and Pre-Sales teams.
Technical Advocate for a given subject matter or domain expertise:
- You will be one of the technical leaders for the MDM portfolio across the APJ region, so will need to have deep technical understanding of MDM solutions, architecture patterns, and how they address customer data challenges.
- Works to ensure technical wins during sales cycles by performing technical qualification of opportunities where regional teams lack resource on the subject matter, architect solutions from customer requirements, performing solution demonstrations & other proof points, and proving Informatica’s technical capabilities in order to reinforce the value proposition driven by the account team.
- Advises on competitive stance and creates counter strategies to competitive threats in accounts (identify, evaluate their influence and positioning eg. SWOT analysis – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) Provide Product Management, Product Marketing, and internal stakeholders input and feedback on product direction, features, and market positioning in context to current solutions developed.
- Creates competitive analysis, keeps up-to-date with industry thinking and product space, promotes integrated solutions, and assists in development of cross-products solutions and promotes cross-product initiatives.
Provide Enablement to broader Pre-Sales community:
- Contribute and maintain the knowledge of commonly-used demo’s, presentations and FAQ’s; Coordinate and deliver presentations or hands-on sessions to ensure the field Pre-Sales community maintain enough knowledge of your segment of our overall portfolio; Coach & mentor key regional field Pre-Sales people.
- Providing the interface between the field presales and other technology functions within Informatica for product direction and feedback.
- Contribute to the knowledge base of subject matter material for your area of expertise.
- Share knowledge across the team and continuously develop and enhance personal and team capabilities.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong Pre-Sales experience in delivering enterprise solutions to Fortune 500 customers (3+ years), including experience managing RFP responses and conducting Proof of Concepts
- Previous experience in customer facing consulting roles, particularly implementing MDM and related solutions would be advantageous.
- Relevant academic background preferred but having a solid pre sales relevant track record will take precedence Knowledge of other areas of Informatica’s portfolio particularly data quality, data integration and data governance.
- Good understanding of the MDM Market place and competitive landscape (strong experience with a competitive MDM Product can be an advantage).
- Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
- Consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
- Advanced technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, integration technologies and common master data source and consuming systems such as CRM, ERP, data warehouses , data lakes, MarTech, etc
- Willingness to travel internationally once COVID restrictions have lifted.
City: Parkview Square
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) : Hong Kong, Sydney
Community / Marketing Title: MDM Product Specialist
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-OG1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Parkview Square, SG