Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 29175
Position Title: Sr Technical Support Engineer
This key individual will serve as Technical Support champion for both internal and external customers. The Sr. Technical Support Engineer will exercise independent initiative with the authority to act in order to meet all requirements for the customer.
- Diagnose and resolve customer inquiries and technical issues related to operating Informatica software products in customer’s environment.
- Re-create technical issues and product behavior in-house to determine root-cause, and suggest applicable workarounds or solutions.
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
- Co-ordinate with QA and Engineering teams to triage product fixes and features, and to verify fixes before delivering to customers.
- Author, edit, and publish Informatica knowledgebase articles for issues and solutions
- Manage communications/expectations to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
- Utilize information tools, training and experience to provide high level of customer satisfaction.
- Participate in problem escalation and call prevention projects to help customers and other technical specialists increase their efficiency with our products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 4+ years of industry experience OR Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 2+ years of industry experience in supporting mission critical software components
- Experience in Databases, Data Integration Enterprise Software, Data Warehousing concepts and products
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High degree of analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in Oracle, MSSQL Server, DB2, or PostgreSql
- Experience in various operating systems such as UNIX/Linux, Windows, AIX
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Team player who shares ideas and resources
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter versions 9 or 10, or Informatica Cloud products preferred
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US