Principal User experience Designer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29201
Position Title: Principal User Experience Designer
The Informatica User Experience (UX) team propels the design and usability of a broad spectrum of data-integration and data-management products. We are a globally diverse, world-class group of designers and researchers responsible for shaping user experiences and innovation initiatives company-wide. We are creative, collaborative, and fun to work with, and believe in recruiting the best. We care deeply about work-life balance and growing careers.
Join our User Experience team to help us design next-generation tools for data management including Data and Applications Integration, Data Quality, Data Preparation, Big Data, API management, Data Security and more. Impact the way people within organizations, from IT professionals to business users, interact with and use data.
Solve big, complex problems, while collaborating in an exciting high-paced environment, with other highly professional designers and researchers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are highly experienced at using user-centered design (UCD) approaches to create rich, scalable, high-productivity enterprise tools and/or applications. You’ve had experience doing this for Cloud products and are eager to extend your knowledge of Cloud technologies and opportunities. You thrive in a collaborative environment working with other UX designers, researchers and product-team members to deliver best practices in UCD, information architecture, and interaction design. You enjoy working with product managers to understand and define business requirements and working with software developers to realize the designs within technical capabilities and constraints.
Most importantly, you relish interacting with users, having your design ideas and assumptions tested, and using users’ feedback and insights to create the best user experiences for them, while meeting product requirements and business needs.
The successful candidate will work at our campus and will be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering UX designs while working closely with cross-functional teams to create innovative user experiences for new and extended data-management offerings.
- Helping to plan and conduct stakeholder interviews and design workshops
- Synthesizing results from user research into coherent designs
- Creating information architectures, task flows, user interaction models, wireframe screen flows, prototypes, detailed designs, design briefs, design specifications and guidelines with little direction
- Influencing product teams and the organization to achieve solutions that are right for our customers
- Fostering a fun, creative, collaborative spirit
- 5+ years of experience designing user interfaces and user experiences for web-based products
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related discipline (UX, HCI, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Design, etc.)
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your design talent including conceptual models, navigation and user flows, information design, and mock-ups
- Strong knowledge and understanding of user-centered design product development
- Proven ability to generate end-to-end designs - from concept through production detailing
- Demonstrated experience developing and communicating UX design guidelines and design specifications
- Proven effectiveness working in cross-functional teams that include product management, engineering, QA, documentation and other UX professionals
- Demonstrated proficiency with wireframing and prototyping tools, such as Axure, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Balsamiq, etc.
- Experience using user-research methods, analytics, and other insights to guide product direction
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal User experience Designer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SU1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN