Regional Sales Director - Federal Civilian
Location: Reston, Virginia US
Job Number: 29286
Position Title: Director, Field Sales
Regional Sales Director, Federal-Civilian
The Field Sales Director, Federal Sales (Civilian) directly manages field sales portfolio account managers within their assigned geographical or account aligned sales territories. Accountable for the sales of particular product lines or the entire product suite of the organization. This role uses leadership and sales experience to manage the entire sales cycle and help their team achieve sales objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and manages to a strategic and comprehensive business plan for the assigned territory/region, to be delivered upon by direct report sales staff.
- Accountable for accurate forecasting and delivering on regular quarterly revenue targets.
- Holds self and team accountable for timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.).
- Spends significant time in the field (travel up to or greater than 50%) with direct reports visiting existing customers and building new customer relationships.
- Develops and maintains relationships with sales process stakeholders within Informatica and develops Partner relationships within the assigned sales region.
- Partakes in quota setting process for team members.
- Collaborates with other functions to resolve escalations/customer issues quickly.
- Responsible for nurturing career development, managing performance, and pay discussions of team members.
- Directly manages a team of field sales representatives assigned accounts that are complex in nature. May manage subordinate sales leaders who also have field sales teams.
- Financial targets held by this leader will typically be larger than lesser-scoped field sales management roles. (The size of leader’s quota may be relative to complexity and nature of account set and overall business opportunity in the territory managed.)
Knowledge & Skills
- Uses expert leadership skill in collaboration and prioritization to direct and influence operations and results in the sales region or team(s).
- Adept at setting and driving strategic initiatives in the functional area, as well as influencing at higher tiers of the organization.
- Expert-level industry knowledge and understanding of a customer's decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Adept at C-level audience presentations, financial acumen, negotiation, executive presence, and mentoring/coaching of subordinate managers and sales staff.
- Independently determines approach to managing team and daily operations.
- Motivating, positive presence and the ability to lead and compel others to achieve objectives.
- Creates an environment that promotes the identification and development of talent, as well as planning for future talent needs of the organization.
- Expert level functional knowledge in the sale of hybrid software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Regional Sales Director - Federal Civilian
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JL1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Reston, Virginia US