Federal Business Development Director
Location: Washington, District Of Columbia US
Job Number: 29353
Position Title: Partner Sales Manager IV
Federal Business Development Director
The Business Development Director is responsible for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and supporting current business activities within federal civilian and defense agencies, minus the intelligence community. The Director will contribute to the prioritization of new business pursuits and the development of marketing plans and capture strategies across the federal government business area. The Director also provides guidance, advice, and support to the federal government business area sales leadership regarding business investments and priorities.
The Director will interface regularly with management-prioritized government agencies to identify, qualify, and create new business opportunities according to Informatica’s business capture process based on Shipley methodology.
The Director will develop and maintain close, trusted partner relationships with management-prioritized offices of senior civilian and military US Government customers, current and prospective customers, as well as industry partners and suppliers. The Director will be able to assist the customers in meeting their requirements and capability gaps with those capabilities, products, and technologies available or being developed in the US Government Business Area. The position will coordinate with internal personnel in preparing, editing, and presenting briefings or hosting discussions with customers, highlighting Informatica, LLC capabilities and solutions against customer requirements and capability shortfalls. The position will also support the business areas through attendance at Industry Days, Symposiums, Professional Events, Conferences, and Trade Shows.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Grow the opportunity pipeline in the US Government space, to include existing as well as adjacent markets/customers, through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration.
- Develop and support major capture activities for the business area.
- Build trusted partnerships and integrated go to market solutions with the identified Federal System Integrators (FSI’s) and critical partners.
- Foster identified FSI’s relationships and expanding to development of Informatica practice.
- Showcase Informatica at FSI Customer Solution Centers.
- Educate FSI community on the value of Informatica solutions.
- Obtain marketing intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits and support the development marketing strategies.
- Participate in bid decisions, development of cost strategies and phase reviews.
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers in the territory.
- Create and execute multi-year business development strategies.
Travel: 30 percent
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant US Government Business Development experiences and/or customer mission experiences.
- Demonstrated success in leading and winning government contracts and programs.
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders within US government community.
- Experience leading opportunity captures, including developing overall win strategy; shaping deals with customers; developing teaming strategies, identifying and closing with teammates; understanding pricing and assist in developing winning price.
- Demonstrated background in solution selling, developing new markets, with proven leadership from inception to fruition of a strategic campaign.
Nice to Have
- Certified/Trained in Shipley Business Development and Capture Methodologies
What Success Looks Like
- Direct and support new business development opportunities to improve the company’s business portfolio to include marketing and customer call plans.
- Ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving awards/growth.
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market.
- Excellent writing, communication skills with experience presenting to senior executives and customers.
- Demonstrated high-energy leader who will drive performance and exhibit strong selling skills with a high level of emotional intelligence.
State: District Of Columbia
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Federal Business Development Director
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Washington, District Of Columbia US