Principal Security Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 29411
Position Title: Principal Information Security Engineer
Informatica is currently looking for a Principal Security Engineer with experience in Public Cloud services to join our team in Redwood City.
As a Principal security engineer, you will be responsible for you are the first line of defense for all the people and parts that together make up Informatica's Cloud Business.
In the role of a Principal Security Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as a Principal Security Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
- Public cloud such as (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Vulnerability management tools (qualys, nessus)
- Firewall and IDS/IPS system
- Identity and Access management tools
- Working with Java, Python, or Ruby
What You Will Do
- Build systems and processes to scale security operations to meet Informatica’s needs.
- Apply fundamental security concepts to systems and consult with teams on their system designs.
- Design and implement systems to report on security performance metrics.
- Designing and implement systems that enforce various compliance regulations, leveraging automation.
- Help design systems that adhere to the provably secure and secure by design methodologies.
Skills and experience you possess:
- 8 + years’ experience across multiple technical stacks, with special attention to product scalability, usability, and performance.
- You know industry best practices for software design and coding standards.
- You are a great communicator who can explain technical issues and risks to a broad, non-technical audience. You work well with engineering, legal, product, executives, and others. You tailor your communication style, level of detail, and approach based on the audience.
- You are a strong collaborator and can influence technical teams, and you take them along with you.
- You have the ability to design and implement data privacy systems and controls.
- You have knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic implementation of best practices.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Security Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US