Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 29414
Position Title: Manager, Documentation
We’re currently looking for a Lead Writer to join our team.
As a Lead Writer, you will be creating an effective Master Data Management product documentation, videos, and tutorials in a fast-paced environment, leading documentation projects as assigned, and contributing to various Documentation Team initiatives. You will work closely with software engineers, UX designers, product managers, and other doc team members to create great user-facing content.
What You'll Do
- Write highly technical content that describes product functionality
- Compile and test online help
- Create project plans, maintain schedules for specific projects, and communicate documentation status to documentation manager or lead
- Develop tutorials to improve first user experience
- Work with stakeholders to deliver meaningful error messages, useful UI strings, and develop clear terminology
- Contribute how-to articles, knowledge base articles, videos, walkthroughs, and other useful content
- Contribute to documentation team processes and initiatives
- Edit own content for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Informatica's commitment to quality.
- Collaborate on multiple projects with other technical writers
- BA/MA/BS/MS or equivalent (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences) preferred
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Able to quickly learn technical information
- Able to meet deadlines and help others meet them
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and follow schedules
- Able to follow and fine-tune documentation processes and style
- Able to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into the documentation
- Attentive to detail and accuracy is committed to excellence and owns and acts on quality problems.
What Does Success Look Like?
- You use your excellent analytical and written communication skills to create content that helps increase customer adoption of products.
What We’d Like to See
- Knowledge of master data management, relational database, and cloud concepts.
- Experience with DITA, XMetaL, content management systems, source control systems, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, video software, e-learning software, and/or WalkMe.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Documentation
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA