Senior Presales Consultant
Location: Las Rozas de, Madrid ES
Job Number: 29467
Position Title: Senior Solutions Consultant
We play a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with Informatica’s reputation in the marketplace. We are the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer.
We are looking for an experienced Pre-Sales Consultant to work with our team in Iberia and help grow our business across Iberia by providing pre-sales support to existing and prospective clients across the territory.
Reporting to the Pre-Sales Manager Iberia, and based in Madrid, you are ideally someone with a strong background in Data Integration/Application integration (Powercenter or other ETL tools) and more globally in Data Governance (Data Integration, Data Quality, Data lineage, Business Glossary, etc).
Our Ideal Candidate
You possess communication and customer-relationship skills responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. You are advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. Applying your superior business acumen and resource management skills you meet deadlines, drive your peer team to meet their goals and set the example for good work procedures. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you will also be able to:
- Communicate a compelling and inspired vision, articulating what is possible beyond today - future possibilities.
- Inspire and motivate people to rally support behind the vision, make it sharable by everyone.
- Proactively engage with Informatica s customers to demonstrate all technical aspects of Informatica s product and effectively communicate Informatica s key differentiators to customers in the region.
- Manage the technical sales cycle working with Sales Account Managers to ensure generation of revenue.
- Own the technical agenda with responsibility for explaining, training, analysing and selling the technical aspects of the solution to new and existing customers.
As an integral part of the pre-sales team, you will partner with sales representatives to identify new sales opportunities as well incremental sales opportunities within existing accounts. With your insight, you will influence the sales team regarding qualification potential and help develop a sales strategy by identifying the business and technical pain points.
You will demonstrate your project leadership skills during customer-requested proofs and pilots, including hands-on installation, configuration and demonstration of Informatica products which are frequently performed onsite and in customer environments. When necessary, you ll work with other groups such as Informatica Professional Services and Global Customer Support, building consensus and securing resources to resolve customer needs. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create counter-strategies to competitive threats in accounts (identify, evaluate their influence and positioning, e.g. SWOT analysis).
- Manage expectations of the account team, identifying roles for each external resource i.e., sales/pre-sales roles and responsibilities on a peer/partnership level.
- Prepare and present compelling solution demonstrations for regional enablement events based on Informatica s Enterprise Platform (ETL, data quality, metadata management, master data management, etc.) and other products; share lessons learned for scalable implementation across teams and geographies.
- Deliver customer follow-up, including but not limited to RFIs/RFPs, ongoing customer education and technical support escalation.
- Lead the technical sales cycle, owning all technical aspects of the sales process.
- Design and delivery of customer presentations.
- Qualify on a technical basis any technical proposal being put forward.
- Ensure technical closure on all opportunities.
- Be able to articulate a technical solution in a way that will address a business requirement.
- Advise on architectural configuration.
- Report on all technical issues to the Pre-Sales Manager and account manager.
- Identification of additional technical opportunities within the customer base, and new opportunities within your region.
- Analysis and understanding of customer needs and regional opportunities in order to promote the Informatica value proposition.
- Delivery of Proof of Concepts, engaging product specialists as appropriate.
- Maintain and continuously develop technical knowledge.
- Share knowledge across the team and continuously develop and enhance personal and team capabilities
- Respect and adhere to customer and internal Company rules and disclosures at all times.
- Strong Cloud Data Management and Integration experience e.g. Informatica, IBM, Talend, TIBCO, Mulesoft etc
- Understanding of Cloud ecosystems vendors (Azure, AWS, GCP) and the broader Data Integration & Data Governance market.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a pre-sales consulting role.
- Excellent written communication skills, experience of preparing proposals, responses to ITTs.
- Strong technical awareness.
- Excellent experience of managing proof of concepts on customer premises.
- Understanding of database, architecture, networks and networking protocols.
- Ability to communicate a technical message to a non-technical audience as well as a technical audience.
- Presentation skills, both verbal delivery and content design.
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team in delivering a proposal.
- Ability to read, speak and understand French and English fluently.
- Willingness to regularly travel throughout Spain & Portugal, within Europe and to the USA dependent upon operational requirements.
City: Las Rozas de
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Presales Consultant
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MC1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Las Rozas de, Madrid ES