Senior Manager, Presales, UK&I
Location: Maidenhead, GB
Job Number: 29483
Position Title: Sr Manager, Presales
The Informatica Pre-Sales team plays a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with Informatica’s reputation in the marketplace. We are the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our clients. Backed by the strength of the Informatica brand we act as trusted advisors to solve data management problems for our clients. This trust is due to the quality products we offer and the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind them with an award winning global support team of enterprise data management experts who are dedicated to the success of our clients.
We are seeking a technically adept, experienced Senior Pre-Sales Manager to lead our Pre-Sales team across the UK&I. You will work with the Sales Team, the Channel Team, Professional Services, and Management to develop and execute Technical Sales supporting the sales strategy for the Region. You shall manage this team of highly skilled and motivated Pre-Sales professionals. You lead from the front and inspire others to do the same and focus on customer outcomes. Co-operation is natural for you and you willingly go the extra mile and have fun doing so.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have worked in Pre-Sales, preferably with an enterprise software company, for multiple years and so have a full understanding of the sales process and the role, responsibilities, tasks and activities of a Pre-Sales in that process. On top of that you have coached and/or managed a group of Pre-Sales as a manager for at least 5 years.
You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently. As an influential and effective Pre-Sales Manager, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your team. As your team and customers are in remote locations across the region, you are comfortable with travel in order to engage face-to-face meetings (when Pandemics permit). In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking for resolving issues that arise in the Pre-Sales environment.
- Previous experience in customer facing activities is essential. This role will involve direct contact with our biggest clients.
- You're a people-person with credibility: confident and personable with a demonstrable track record of professional acumen and decision making ability.
- You will thrive on juggling a wide range of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, complementing your strategic outlook with a 'hands on' approach.
- Outstanding attention to detail along with excellent verbal and written communication skills that impress your peers.
- Spends significant time with direct reports visiting existing clients and building new prospect relationships.
- Develops and maintains relationships with sales process stakeholders within Informatica and develops Partner relationships within the assigned sales region.
- Collaborates with other functions to support our customers and partners.
- Leads from the front and sets the example for the team.
Required Management Roles and Competencies for this job include the following:
- Uses experienced leadership skills to manage, mentor, and influence the work of others within the Pre-Sales team.
- Enthusiastic leader with demonstrated ability to lead and compel others to achieve objectives.
- Identifies, selects, and grows team by imparting knowledge transfer and developing staff as individuals and as a team.
- Working closely with our talented and experienced Pre-Sales team to deliver an effective and efficient team that is focused, enabled and confident on all aspects of the Informatica solution offering.
- Working very closely and collaboratively with the UK&I Sales Leader and his team to complete Strategic Planning and deployment of Pre-Sales personnel.
- Effective and proven leadership, e.g. setting operational standards, Development Needs Planning, managing change.
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders across the organisation to share information and drive improvements across the Business division.
- Liaise with your peers within the EMEA & LA region and worldwide to discuss new product plans and the associated enablement plans & work closely with specialists and other functions to support local Pre-Sales activities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop commercial technical proposals and solution descriptions.
- Strong Organisational and Leadership Skills.
- Training and Development needs planning.
- Strong Business Acumen with Revenue and Customer focused operations.
- College degree or equivalent, experience in data management products and the ability to understand and explain related technologies.
- A minimum of five years as a Pre-Sales professional.
- A minimum of an additional five years in Pre-Sales Management.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong experience in one or more of Data Management, Data Integration, Data Governance, or Business Intelligence sales, both on-premise and in the Cloud.
- Knowledgeable in Business Intelligence, Messaging, and/or Operational systems such as Oracle Financials, SAP Financials, Siebel or procurement systems.
- Demonstrated skills in business-value selling tactics and techniques.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Presales, UK&I
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Maidenhead, GB