Senior QA Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29521
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
Senior QA Engineer, Cloud Data Preparation
Data has undoubtedly become the fuel for competitive advantage in the 21st century. And organizations want to derive value out of the data that they own. But with data that is often incomplete, inconsistent, ungoverned and unprotected, organizations risk data being a liability rather than an asset.
Informatica’s Cloud Data Preparation team has been chartered with the task of building a product to help our customers harness maximum business value out of the data they own. We aim to build an end-to-end solution that will improve the day to day lives of Business Analysts, by helping them easily refine raw data into valuable assets ready for analytics. The solution will be supported natively on Multiple cloud platforms (Azure, AWS & GCP) and will scale out to support active usage around the world by thousands of customers 24x7.
This is a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Informatica and be at the cutting edge of innovation.
We are currently looking for a QA Engineer to join our agile start-up like a team and help build this "Cloud Native" product.
The position is suited for highly motivated and energetic individuals with a desire to work on the development of products that solve real customer needs. As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for
- Writing test strategy and detailed test cases based on feature requirements & design specifications, to ensure the highest test coverage
- Providing detailed estimates for feature test automation
- Implementing automated test suites
- Analyzing root cause for defects by looking into product code, logs & crash dumps
- Measuring & reporting code coverage
- Assisting customers and field engineers in troubleshooting production issues
Technologies You’ll use
- Core Java, Web service protocol stack, REST
- TestNG and other Java testing frameworks
- Unit, integration & end to end testing with Karate, Cypress and Selenium API
- Testing Libraries like REST Assured
- Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure & GCP
- Cloud-Native Concepts/Technologies such as Microservices, Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines
- K8s stack such as AWS EKS, Helm, Istio, Kiali, Service Mesh
- Telemetry tools such as Prometheus, ELK, Sumo Logic, Jaeger
- 4+ years of Enterprise QA experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of data structures & algorithms
- Hands-on experience using Java
- Experience in Selenium web driver, Selenium Grid or similar tools
- Experience in web services / API testing
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL for Relational databases
- Experience working in Unix/Linux
- Basic knowledge of Build tools like Maven, Jenkins
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Proficiency with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP and their managed services - is a plus
- Experience working with Microservices - is a plus
- Good knowledge in CI/CD tools implementation and practices – is a plus
- Experience with cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes - is a plus
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior QA Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN