Principal Security Engineer
Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 29568
Position Title: Principal DevOps Engineer
The CloudTrust Security Operations team powers Informatica’s secure transformation and ensures that all our cloud platform and products are safe. We implement industry-leading technologies and practices to bake in scalability, reliability, and security during product design, help teams reliably deploy global products at scale, and ensure global DevOps and Customer Support teams have the tools and data they need to safely monitor and manage our customer data and workloads
Our Security Operations team is growing rapidly to keep pace with our expanding Cloud global footprint and customers’ exacting demands, and partnering with product development teams to build Protect / Detect / Response systems and processes needed to secure our platforms and out-innovate our competitors.
We are responsible for security of our production infrastructure and monitoring of security issues. We architect solutions, tools and platforms around securing our cloud infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the details and we work very closely with a wide range of stakeholders.
As a Principal Security Engineer in the Cloud Trust Security Operations team your responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and architecture next generation of Sec Ops Protect / Detect / Response technologies while following “Detection as a Code” model.
- Take ownership of Sec Ops tooling, Manage the SOC tools in BAU, and implement Use Cases to keep the Security Operations and Response team running
- Identify and resolve problems relating to critical SOC technologies and to prevent incident recurrence using different methods of automation
- Help improve security and risk posture and solve scalability challenges with engineering teams
- Develop tools to improve our ability to monitor multi-cloud infrastructure for security issues
- Devise & implement solutions which will stop problems which are yet to happen.
- Everything as a code - if anything was done manually - find out the reason and fix it to ensure its never ever done manually again.
- Build analytics and self-service tools to ensure that Incident Response team has data to act in minimally possible time-frame
- Mentor other SOC engineers, define our technical culture, and help build a fast-growing team
- Preferably a degree in Computer Science in Software engineering or Information technology or related Cyber Security
- 8+ years of relevant experience with managing Cyber Security, 5 years of SOC / DevSecOps / CloudOps experience is must.
- Experience with any one public cloud computing technologies from vendors such as AWS, Azure, GCP is must.
- Possess a solid understanding of the Security Ops tooling, Security Engineering Linux or Unix family of OS and their underlying components Networking basics.
- Expertise in a high-level language anyone like Python or Ruby. Architect, implement, scale server and network infrastructure to support high growth rates Hands-on scripting background (Bourne/Korn Shell, Python/Perl/Ruby/Go)
- Experience in Log Management, log management and creating dashboard in any one of the tools like Elastic Stack, Sumologic or Grafana Cloud.
- Experience in maintaining security tools such SIEM, ELK, Splunk, Web application Firewall (WAF), Key Management System (KMS), Identity and Access Management (IAM) tools
- Possess analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across the organization.
- Very comfortable working in an agile DevOps oriented capacity, alongside Development partners
Nice to Have:
- SANS certifications
- AWS Certifications
- Contributions to open-source projects
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Security Engineer
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE