Principal Software Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 29575
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER - CLOUD APPLICATION INTEGRATION
Informatica LLC is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant, and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,350 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off-premise, and in the Cloud.
Informatica’s event-driven and service-oriented application integration (ICAI) capabilities encompass event processing, service orchestration, and process management. These are built on Informatica’s business process management technology. We are a team of product engineers building infrastructure to deliver data and application integration, data management, and data analytics services to customers on the Cloud. The team comprises of diverse, experienced technologists who enjoy working in a fast-paced delivery model with high-performance work culture.
You will be working on our Cloud Application Integration team as a full-stack developer and will be responsible for designing and developing product features and delivering them at high quality. We use cutting edge Cloud hosting, monitoring and deployment technologies to deliver a world-class, non-disruptive Cloud user experience to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise-class software. You consider yourself a team player that enjoys working on challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast-growing distributed work environment. Your advanced problem-solving skills and technical capability allow you to understand the product in a short time, adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. You can communicate effectively with geographically separated team members and drive problems to solutions.
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto, Canada, and will:
- Active technical leadership and driving the delivery and architecture for significantly large functional areas
- Working closely with architects, development, and QA engineer to discuss and evangelize feature
- Gather and interpret broad requirements and translate them into functional and design specifications
- Mentor and work with junior engineers to deliver features end-to-end
- Develop excellent understanding in breadth and depth of Informatica's products and contribute to future product roadmap and goals
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Context-switch quickly to react to customer issues and changing requirements
- Assist support engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment.
- S./M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 8+ or more years of professional software development experience
- Excellent java server programming skills, in a large system/application environment including the practical knowledge of availability, scalability, clustering, multi-threaded development, and performance design patterns
- Excellent Java web application development experience (Core Java, OOJS, jQuery, ReactJS)
- Experience with one of the major relational database platforms
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting abilities
- Experienced in Agile software development methodology and software development process (SDLC)
- Solid understanding of user interaction patterns and best practices
- Competence in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience dealing with full product development lifecycles and multiple releases, preferably of large enterprise software products
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills within an organization
- Able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Energetic and motivated self-starter
- Ability to work with customers, developers, documentation, product management, and support staff
- Experience with Cloud-based application/platform is a plus
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical and retirement programs, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA