Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29669
Position Title: Manager, Development
Informatica’s Cloud Platform is the foundation on which all Informatica products – the data processing applications that comprise the Enterprise Cloud Data Management Portfolio and the metadata catalog fueling their intelligence -- are built. We are looking for a Manager R&D who will lead a team of highly talented developers, driving and delivering this cutting-edge platform working closely with product managers and support. This is your opportunity to accelerate and deliver a highly scalable cloud platform leveraging the latest CNCF technologies.
You will work in a fast-paced environment with a keen commitment to customer success and work very closely with architects, product managers and customers to shape the roadmap of the core platform.
As our Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, coaching, mentoring and leading teams, and building our next generation cloud product by collaborating with teams across the organization and the globe. You must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills for this role.
Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Building and managing a team of exceptionally talented engineers who are responsible for the cloud platform in our Bengaluru office
- Working with product management and engineering leaders to understand the vision and product roadmap
- Developing short, medium and long-term plans to accelerate the cloud platform roadmap with forward looking architecture and design
- Participating in architecture discussions, design reviews and planning
- Collaborating with several cross functional teams, architects, product managers and engineers on a day-to-day basis
- Working closely with our Global Customer Support teams to address critical customer issues
- Helping R&D counterparts and key stake holders with onboarding onto the cloud platform
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Providing hands-on development guidance to the team, mentoring with architecture and code structure, and doing code reviews
- Hiring strong and diverse talent to strengthen the team
- Keep up to date on the latest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Demonstrated experience in delivering large, enterprise-scale, distributed, high performance UI applications
- Experience through the development lifecycle, onboarding stakeholders on the platform as well as supporting successful adoption.
- Experience in scoping and planning releases, resource planning, stakeholder management, dependency management and working closely with cross functional teams and technology partners
- Excellent presentation skills, sharing technical and execution plans with executives and external partners
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills; ability to work collaboratively with geographically distributed teams
- Proficiency in User interface design
- Proficiency in web development technologies like ES6, HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JSON
- Knowledge of bundle and build system like npm, webpack, rollup etc
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, test automation frameworks, Git Repository
- Experience of UI automation test (unit test, integration test, visual regression test) and framework such as Jest and Cypress
- Very strong technical skills with the ability to evaluate key technical proposals and hire and mentor excellent engineers, getting hands-on as needed
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Strong experience in devops, iterative releases and agile development processes
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Computer Science/ related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience leading engineering and cross functional teams of 5 or more members
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in leadership role
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Dev Manager
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN