Regional Legal Counsel, APAC
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 29674
Position Title: Manager, Contracts and Legal Administration
* This role can be based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Canberra
We are Informatica- the globally recognized leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management! Our software is used to manage the data of some of the most visible Fortune 500 entities and government agencies in the world. We have thousands of customers and employees, and we operate all over the globe. Our software is helping to build self-driving electric cars and coordinate innovative cancer research! We are offering you the opportunity to join a legal team that tackles an interesting and diverse set of challenges around software licensing, cloud computing, international regulatory compliance, corporate matters and more. You will have the opportunity to help manage legal aspects of our relationships with customers, vendors and partners and to ensure our compliance with general data privacy and other industry-specific regulations and standards.
The Informatica Legal team is a diverse, dynamic and collaborative group of professionals who are well-respected throughout the organization. We contribute to Informatica’s success by forging close relationships with members of other functional groups and identifying and resolving legal issues on a proactive basis. Legal team members prioritize and follow through on a wide variety of projects simultaneously, which provides an excellent opportunity for both personal achievements and for professional growth. The role can be based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Canberra.
This role will be based in our Australia office and will report to the Asia- Pacific Legal Director, based in Singapore. The role will primarily support the Australia and New Zealand businesses but will be actively involved in other legal matters within the Asia-Pacific region including presentation and training requirements to sales and other staff on legal department and licensing policy and procedures. The role will require flexibility and effective priority-management to ensure an appropriate level of service to the internal customer balanced with the aims of the legal department.
Our Ideal Candidate
You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to identify and resolve legal issues, draft and negotiate contracts, and balance legal and business concerns. Experience with issues pertaining to software licensing, cloud computing, product development, open source, IP, inbound technology licensing, commercial law and revenue recognition is preferred. You work well in a fast-paced, multicultural, challenging environment as part of an international team of dynamic legal professionals and can communicate effectively in group settings and before senior management.
The candidate may be required to liaise with outside counsel on various legal matters. Some traveling may be required (circumstances permitting). The candidate must be fluent (speaking, reading and writing) in English and proficiency in at least one other Asian language is an advantage.
You bring your experience to provide legal support for complex technology transactions. More specifically, you will:
- Provide legal support for product related technology transactions, including negotiating and drafting technology agreements for software licensing and support services, OEM, Cloud, professional services and related distribution/resell agreements
- Advise business and technical colleagues on a broad range of legal subject areas, including general commercial, privacy, data protection and intellectual property issues
- Maintain relationships with managers in the various Informatica business units in order to stay familiar with business plans and goals (and how these would affect Informatica’s position in contract negotiations)
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure contractual issues are addressed efficiently
- Assist in license compliance initiatives as necessary
- Liaise with corporate legal on other areas of law according to local requirements (eg Privacy/GDPR, employment, corporate governance etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree in law or Juris Doctorate
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and draft complex commercial agreements, including marketing, multi-channel distribution, software licensing and services agreements.
- High integrity, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under strict deadline pressures
- Ability to influence others in a group as well as conduct negotiations in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible and able to react promptly
- Understanding of contract and negotiation principles in the business and legal context
- Strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills and comfortable advising and working with senior management
State: New South Wales
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Regional Legal Counsel, APAC
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-OG1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU