Lead Software Engineer - Java Backend
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29694
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Informatica Database Ingestion and Replication is a relatively new and fast growing product helping our customers easily ingest and replicate data from traditional databases to their cloud data lakes and cloud data warehouses. Our team is focused on rapidly expanding the breadth of the sources and targets that we support along with ongoing core infrastructure enhancements.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer with a proven record of designing, developing and delivering enterprise class software to join a new small but expanding team in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will be responsible for design and development of additional source and target connectivity solutions whilst also participating in ongoing core infrastructure enhancements.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual with proven Java design and development skills, an interest in working with both traditional and cloud data sources and targets and a passion for ongoing innovation.
As an integral part of the Database Ingestion and Replication team, you will be responsible for the following.
- Java based development of robust and performant connectivity and infrastructure components along with estimation of the effort involved and driving the design and implementation.
- Participating and sharing in good continuous integration and delivery practices
- Collaborating with peers, including QA team, architects, and product managers to build the best product for our users
- Working with customer support organization in delivering hotfixes, emergency bug fixes and patches on an as needed basis.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with junior team members.
- Assisting customers, field engineers and support team with troubleshooting problems
- Reporting to the local development manager.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- 6 or more years of professional software development experience in developing innovative enterprise products using object-oriented languages.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Java development and familiarity with established design patterns.
- Proven experience with concurrent multi-threaded software development.
- Strong experience using development tools like Eclipse, Maven, Jira and Perforce is mandatory.
- Proven experience with a variety of data sources and targets including traditional relational databases or NoSQL
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, debugging and analytical skills.
- Energetic and motivated self-starter.
- Ability to think creatively.
Good working knowledge of the following is definitely an advantage
- Familiarity with cloud ecosystems and associated connectivity
- Cloud microservice infrastructures
- REST APIs
- Continuous integration and delivery
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer - Java Backend
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN