Principal Back End Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 29701
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Informatica is currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer with experience in Enterprise-level, cloud-based software development to join our team in Redwood City, California.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of microservices that comprise our cloud platform in our cloud-first, cloud-native initiative. In the role of Principal Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Principal Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use
- Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), cloud log services (ELK Stack), cloud application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, NewRelic)
- J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON
- MVC and coding patterns, object-oriented programming skills; good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Unit testing techniques for Web UI, Ant, JUnit, Eclipse
What You’ll Do
- Work with Product and Engineering leadership team to understand the vision, product roadmap and build the key product capabilities.
- Take part in the full application development lifecycle and own the technical product roadmap.
- Investigating, designing, and developing features individually or with a small team, and composing feature design documents
- Leading feature development and following through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Providing detailed estimates of projects and meeting project schedules.
- Assist with product delivery by writing code, unit testing, automated test suites and reviewing pull requests.
- Giving iteration demos to show progress against requirements
- Participating in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making, and technical documentation
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Taking architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business.
- Solid experience designing and developing solutions using Java on Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes), Azure, GCP
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, Micro Services, telemetry,
- Excellent hands on experience with Object Oriented Design and development with Java and good experience in Relational Database like Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Leads the development of code for new or existing software of significant complexity, that may involve coordination of multiple teams/development workstreams.
- Owns a major technology or common shareable feature across several projects.
- Negotiates process, metrics and targets with external teams.
- Authors, reviews and approves requirements and designs for domains within multiple projects.
- Recognized as an expert and acts within the team as ""go to person.""
- structures and algorithms within domain that result in significant performance improvements
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, IaC, Terraform, Ansible, test automation frameworks, Git Repository
- Building Application with Micro Services with end to end low latency response
- Can quickly get up to speed on any project or technology.
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices
- Excellent communication skills
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Back End Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US