Senior Manager, Data Governance
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 29710
Position Title: Senior Manager, Information Technology
Senior Manager, Data Governance
Who We Are
Informatica empowers the world's most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. To do this, we live by our We "DATA" values. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Together, we are conquering the impossible with data and changing what was once unimaginable into what’s now common—making lives richer, businesses stronger, and our world better.
Enterprise Data Office is responsible for enterprise wide data and information strategy, governance, control and effective exploitation of data assets to create tangible business value.
- Formalize Data Governance charter and roadmap for the Organization and work with cross functional teams to identify a Data Governance Steering Committee
- Create and publish an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the Informatica’s information assets
- Collaborate with resources from the Business, IT and operations functions, to achieve governance objectives; resolve governance issues from functional representatives
- Create operational processes to include Data Governance principles, policies and processes as new systems are onboarded, updated and retired throughout the Application Management Lifecycle
- Provide progress reports to management and oversee periodic updates to the Governance Roadmap
- 10+ years of industry experience with a minimum of 5+ years in a Data Governance role
- Knowledge of data governance, data protection, privacy and security automation as applicable to software industry
- Understanding of how Data relates to Processes that are supported by Systems and relate to Legal Entities, Business Areas and data management/privacy Policies.
- Familiar with data classification techniques and frameworks
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Must have hands on working experience with Informatica Data Governance products like Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC), Axon Data Governance and Data Quality, Data Privacy Manager (DPM)
- BS or equivalent educational background is preferred
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Data Governance
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-YK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US