Senior Product Manager
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 29715
Position Title: Product Manager 3
The Claire Data repository team is a high growth, entrepreneurial innovation group within Informatica, a leading enterprise data management company. This team’s stake holders consist of data scientists, data engineers and is dedicated to deliver automated AI based solutions across Informatica’s product portfolio. As a fast-paced start up with Informatica, we are on an ambitious mission to discover, analyze, monitor and catalog all data assets in the Enterprise. The perimeter is dead; we are carving out and creating a new category of intelligent data management requirements to meet the modern enterprise demands of self-service analytics and data governance. The team will play a significant role in expanding Informatica offerings to support the latest market and technology tends around the data management.
We need people who carve their own niche, quickly understand priorities and know what needs to be done to get things moving. We expect our people to adapt to an informal atmosphere and appreciate the tremendous advantage of being surrounded by dedicated experts. In return, we offer the unique opportunity to join one of the most visionary, exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world, working with advanced technology and great products that are truly changing and improving the way our customers do business.
The Product Manager will join a team that owns the build, delivery, and success of Informatica’s Claire Data Repository and Core Metadata group. Claire data repository team is a team focused on delivering smart solutions driven by AI across the purview of Informatica solutions. Informatica Core Metadata products have been recognized as a leader by Gartner and boasts many Fortune 500 customers among its base of customers. In this role, you will shape the direction of Informatica’s product portfolio that enables us to deliver Intelligent solutions across data cataloging, connectivity, data discovery and metadata platform requirements.
You will focus on the current and future smart data management capabilities, connectivity, product strategy, cloud deployments and data discovery. You will work with other Product Managers for integration points to deliver a comprehensive AI solution and synergies with other Informatica products and business units. You will also be looking at the latest trends in connectivity, digital transformation to cloud and define forward looking strategies and initiatives to expand into new markets and capitalize on the latest vertical industry trends.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have prior product management experience and a deep technical understanding of metadata management, data analytics, data cataloging, data profiling, data engineering and/or data governance solutions along with Machine learning. You have experience in expanding a product into new market segments. You feel comfortable being hands-on with complex technology, have a keen understanding of how it can bring value to a diverse customer base, and can expand adoption across different channels and partner ecosystems. You are a cross-functional leader who will work collaboratively with architecture and product engineering teams, Informatica’s marketing, sales and services staff, and product marketing to drive sales success and results for the Core Metadata products and other Infor. You will also work with product managers in other product lines to ensure their products work seamlessly in self-service analytics, data cataloging and data governance use cases. You enjoy working with customers, partners, sales people, engineers, and anyone else you need in order to achieve business success. You are awesome at creating compelling software offerings and a vibrant user community to drive product awareness, adoption, revenue, reference, and success.
The Product Manager – Claire Data repository team will:
- Work closely with various stake holders and data science/engineering team to help collect datasets, govern, train/produce models, and publish models for general consumption.
- Work closely with key customers and strategic partners to understand the use cases for data-governance, gaining a deep understanding of their goals and requirements
- Work closely with R&D to drive product priorities and ensure the right set of functionalities for enterprise class, industry leading products
- Clearly communicate the value proposition and differentiation of Claire’s offerings both internally and externally
- Keep up to date with the rapidly evolving technologies in the data cataloging space to develop market expansion strategies and specific product requirements to serve Informatica’s products within the Core Metadata Group and impact other areas such as Big Data, Cloud, and Data Governance
- Author detailed “whole” product requirements and go to market plan
- Serve as the voice of the customer in building product functionality that is fit for purpose
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure seamless operation between products, components and technologies
- Identify needs and develop materials for rapid and effective field enablement
- Provide content for product collateral, technical white papers and other material needed to ensure fast and successful adoption of the product by customers
- Perform competitive analysis, market, and industry research and leverage your broad industry experience to help develop new ideas and solutions
- Develop and own the product strategy, product roadmap, and business plan for your products supported by thorough analysis and competitive positioning
- Evaluate feasibility of strategic partnerships; recommend build, buy, partner decisions
- Travel (approximately 15-25% both domestic and international) for customer visits, industry conferences, providing thought leadership and evangelism, supporting marketing activities at trade shows, as well as visiting Informatica offices worldwide
- 2 or more years of relevant professional experience in software development, product management, and/or as a sales consultant/engineer
- 5 or more years in enterprise software product management or equivalent roles in the data management space with activity spanning participation in conducting competitive analysis, writing detailed requirement specifications, gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product roadmap and strategy, authoring technical white papers, delivering customer presentations, and working with product marketing on market requirements, segmentation, and product packaging and licensing
- Experience in metadata, data profiling/quality, data privacy, data protection, big data, and data governance markets
- Proven track record of successfully releasing enterprise-level software product and entering new, emerging markets
- Ability to gather and prioritize requirements, develop detailed requirements, review functional specifications, participate in functional reviews
- Strong grasp of/focus on usability
- Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
- Proven organizational skills; detail oriented; strong project management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently; able to coordinate people and processes to deliver a product
- Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team
- Knowledge of data profiling, metadata management, data lineage and impact analysis, data discovery, connectivity, and cataloging requirements is a plus
- Familiarity developing products leveraging big data and cloud platforms, microservices, AI/machine learning is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science (or equivalent experience); advanced degree (MBA) a plus;
- Willing to travel (approximately 15-25%) for customer visits, industry conferences and trade shows, as well as visit Informatica offices worldwide
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product Manager
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN