Digital Media Technical Writer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 29728
Position Title: Technical Writer
Informatica is looking for a Technical Multimedia Content Developer to join our team in North America focusing on multimedia content deliverables.
As a Technical Multimedia Content Developer, you will be responsible for delivering videos, interactive tutorials, and walkthroughs that will help users with our products. You’ll help create standards and guidelines for content and ensure that these are met. You will work closely with product managers and other doc team members to prioritize and deliver content. You will work in a fast-paced environment creating multimedia content that is technical, but also clear, concise, and useful.
What You'll Do
- Write and record videos that describe product concepts and functionality
- Create interactive content that helps users learn our products
- Create and maintain schedules for specific projects, and communicate documentation status to the documentation manager or lead
- Contribute to multimedia doc processes and strategies
- Edit own content for completeness, style, and accuracy to ensure it reflects Informatica's commitment to quality
- Collaborate with other technical writers and stakeholders.
- BA/MA/BS/MS or equivalent (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences) preferred
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, video software, e-learning software, and/or WalkMe.
- Experience creating interactive tutorials or demos
- Able to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into the deliverables
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Can propose creative ideas and look for new ways to contribute
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Able to quickly learn technical information
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and follow schedules
- Able to follow established processes and style
- Attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality problems.
What Does Success Look Like?
- You use your excellent communication and creative skills to create multimedia content that helps increase customer adoption of products.
What We’d Like to See
- Knowledge of data management, big data, relational and/or No SQL database, and cloud concepts.
- Experience with content management systems, source control systems, Jira, and Confluence.
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Digital Media Technical Writer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US