Location: Baltimore, Maryland US
Job Number: 29761
Position Title: Solutions Architect
Provides pre-sales support for the development and implementation of complex product solutions across a region and within strategic account opportunities. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of technical solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. This is a field pre-sales role that requires travel to customer locations up to, and may exceed, 50% of the time, based on the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Define and build solutions for both existing and emerging data use cases, using products across the company's portfolio.
• Collaborate with Sales and account teams to define and execute account plans and sales strategies for pursuing specific opportunities and exercising strategic account management.
• Validates opportunities technically, determine and discover needs, and validate the proposed solution for technical closure.
• Understands the business issues the solutions can affect and assists in developing the business case for the customer acquiring the company's products.
• Coordinates with the extended PreSales team to build assets which clearly articulate to the customer the business value of the company's solutions.
• Draws upon domain expertise and practical experience to become a trusted advisor to the customer's technical and business elements.
• Collaborates with Account Manager to qualify, to discover opportunity, to influence and develop Sales account strategy including competitive threats, technical threats and alternatives.
• Engages with customers and prospects to demonstrate our products, effectively communicate the key differentiators, and to confirm Informatica technical viability for the opportunity
• Advises on competitive stance and creates counter strategies to competitive threats in accounts (identify, evaluate their influence and positioning eg. SWOT analysis – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats)
• Proactively builds a network of contacts within accounts and partner networks.
• At this level, the incumbent is expected to provide Product Management, Product Marketing, and internal stakeholders input and feedback on product direction, features, and market positioning in context to current solutions developed.
• Recognized as a spokesperson who actively seeks opportunities for speaking engagements at conferences, partner events, and user groups.
• May compose and publish external facing whitepapers, case studies, webzine articles for technical/industry publications.
• Routinely explains and sells the technical aspects of the solution to Informatica’s most complex accounts.
• At this level, typically serves as a sub-region resource on strategic accounts, often industry aligned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
• Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
• Complete, “big-picture” understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
• Driven, self-starter who exudes leadership on account set and compels others to get on board.
• Fully adept at consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
• Advanced technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, Big Data, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Solutions Architect
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JL1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Baltimore, Maryland US