Product Specialist - Data Governance
Location: City, US
Job Number: 29812
Position Title: Product Specialist
Product Specialist - Data Governance
Provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions, focused on a specific product line/offering. Uses in-depth specific product line knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff, other presales resources, and the customer. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. This is a field pre-sales role that requires travel to customer locations up to, and may exceed, 50% of the time, based on the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Contributes to the knowledge base of subject matter material for your area of expertise and provides feedback for enhancements and future market opportunities to fill product issues and gaps or extend competitive advantage.
• Actively participates in alpha & beta testing cycles and maintains level of expertise in technical focus area, solution or domain.
• Works to ensure technical wins during sales cycles by performing technical qualification of opportunities where regional teams lack resource on the subject matter, architect solutions from customer requirements, performing solution demonstrations & other proof points, and proving Informatica’s technical capabilities in order to reinforce the value proposition driven by the account team.
• Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software, as applicable, of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.)
• Actively participates in obtaining "technical closure" when the product specialist team is responsible for leading an opportunity.
• Providing the interface between the field presales and other technology functions within Informatica for product direction and feedback.
• Advises on competitive stance and creates counter strategies to competitive threats in accounts (identify, evaluate their influence and positioning eg. SWOT analysis – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats).
• Creates competitive analysis, keeps up-to-date with industry thinking and product space, promotes integrated solutions, and assists in development of cross-products solutions and promotes cross-product initiatives.
• Contributes and maintains the knowledge-base of commonly used demos, presentations, best practices and FAQ's and provides subject matter material to support the broader presales team.
• Provides enablement and mentorship to the broader presales community on new and advanced capabilities of Informatica’s solutions and sufficient knowledge of the technical domain.
Knowledge & Skills
• Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
• Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
• Complete, “big-picture” understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
• Driven, self-starter who exudes leadership on account set and compels others to get on board.
• Fully adept at consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
• Advanced technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Product Specialist - Data Governance
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KP1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US