Salesforce Release Manager
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29841
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer IT Applications
Informatica is seeking a Senior Salesforce Dev Ops Engineer to support its growing business. This rapidly-growing business within Informatica offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. As the Salesforce.com Dev Ops Engineer, you will be the primary point of contact for multiple user groups and global teams who require to engage you on Dev ops activities. You will also interface with various teams and produce reporting needed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You will also drive automation of release processes, develop new tooling, be passionaite about Dev Ops.
As IT Application group, we design, build and maintain the Enterprise systems that play a vital role in executing Informatica’ s vision as a leader in Data Integration. We live by the IT values that encapsulate usage of frontline technology to drive business value based on strong expertise and robust delivery processes.
We are looking for a Senior Dev Ops Engineer with a proven record of driving devops on the Salesforce Platform.
In this role, you’ll use your Dev Ops knowledge and expertise to build out and execute a dev ops strategy that incorporates Release Management, CI/CD, Version control, Code management, Tools, Process frameworks such as Scaled Agile framework in partnership with global teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re a passionate about dev-ops and have excellent communication skills and like to be part of a high quality, dynamic team of people delivering robust, scalable solutions. You have strong track record on Salesforce platform. You are a natural leader who strives for excellence and is known to be strong on enabling great solutions the right way based on world class delivery processes. Applying your passion for devops, you will create tooling / automations, define new process that would make it easier to make changes and also maintain an platform that host multiple applications on a common code base.
- Plan and maintain a Release Calendar for the in-scope systems, and provide proactive communications and general calendar visibility to engaged parties.
- Implement DevOps platform which covers areas such as build automation, deployment automation, environment management, monitoring, and production release procedures and constantly improve the same
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Experience on various tools to build DevOps ecosystem and enable automation of build and deployment activities on these tools.
- Source code and control management, branching, merging, labelling and integration with Continuous Integration /Continuous Deployment process
- Manage the various environments associated with Salesforce platform including allocation / deallocation of resources to various project teams.
- Manage the Salesforce licenses / subscriptions portfolio across the organization and work with business platforms and business organizations for allocation / deallocation.
- Participate the Salesforce platform upgrades and environment refresh in collaboration with other teams.
- Collaborate with architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of Salesforce applications and ensure cross collaboration with other projects / applications.
- Seek out ways to utilize SFDX to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field
- 7 or more years of total experience with atleast 4 in Salesforce
- Certified Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301) or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in using Salesforce Deployment tools such as Flosum / Copado / Gearset
- Experience maintaining continuous integration software such as Jenkins, Gulp, Bamboo
- Experience with a scripting language – Powershell, Python, Groovy
- Experience in leveraging Salesforce Tooling API
- Experience working in overlapping release cycles
- Experience in Scaled Agile framework
- Experience working with diverse, distributed large-scale and complex datasets
- Advanced Excel skills (Macro, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP)
- Experience in building tools on force.com platform
- Evaluate new technologies to solve current problems
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Results-oriented person with a delivery focus
- Strong organization skills
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Salesforce Release Manager
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN