Senior Systems Engineer - Nagios Admin
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 29849
Position Title: Senior IT Automation Engineer
Informatica delivers authoritative and trustworthy data quality to all stakeholders, all projects, and all data domains for all projects and all business applications—on premise or in the cloud—using a single, unified platform. Informatica Data Governance helps data-driven organizations realize the full potential value of their data assets while simultaneously managing risk and compliance. It enables data stewards, data architects and chief data officers to define, measure and monitor the effectiveness of their governance programs and ensures effective collaboration amongst all governance stakeholders throughout the organization
We are looking for a Self-motivated Sr. Nagios Admin and support person who can analyze current monitoring infrastructure and enhance with his automation skills. The candidate will work with Informatica IT teams and other teams in Informatica to ensure everything is monitored proactively along with alert automation, auto healing and other modern techniques.
The role is 50% Nagios Admin and 50% Proactive automation focused, and the candidate will be expected to be on escalated support calls and email chains with customers and Global Customer Support to ensure swift resolution of monitoring defects. The candidate will show advanced knowledge of application design and have a large understanding of system architecture to resolve issues in the correct way.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent coding skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the existing Infrastructure in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures.
Along with this, you must be able to clearly communicate with customers and other areas of the business to ensure that resolutions are met within the timescales provided. You will be asked to switch focus depending on urgency of specific issues from time to time, so the ability to multi-task and to always make yourself available is key.
As an integral part of the IT Operations team, you will be responsible for the following
- Be very hands-on in understanding the low-level working details of the product.
- Well Versed with Nagios XI GUI and Command line, should be able to configure dashboard, Infrastructure monitoring across all the layer. Experience in Upgrade of Nagios infrastructure.
- Well Versed with the usage of Nagios Plugins for customized monitoring needs.
- Well versed with notification automation, alert suppression automation.
- Well Versed with Passive, Distributed monitoring within Nagios
- Experience in Auto healing of alerts.
- Expert in any of the programming language such as Ruby, Python, Shell scripts to write new codes to do various automation, integration of Nagios with existing tools such as Service Now, VCenter, SNOW, Qualys etc.
- Problem resolution and Root Cause Analysis. Initiate, assess, test, verify, document and quality assure system updates
- Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed
Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in Nagios (Primary Domain)
- Good to have knowledge in Solar Winds, Splunk, RHEL 7,8 , Windows 2012,2016,2019
- Communication, both written and verbal in English
- Ability to pick up existing codebases
- Experience in using GitHub for software configuration management
- Familiar with open-source frameworks and API standards.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Systems Engineer - Nagios Admin
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN