Manager, Cloud Devops
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29879
Position Title: Manager, Development (Ops Team)
Excited to join the team that is building next generation enterprise cloud product? You are in the right place. Our group, Metadata Foundation R&D is on an ambitious mission to discover, analyze and map all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to find, classify, catalog and analyze data assets and data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows in the enterprise. The group is responsible for providing a unified, highly scalable and extensible metadata cataloging and visualization foundation for our fast-growing Data Catalog, Data Security and Data Governance applications and fueling intelligence for our broader Enterprise Cloud Data Management offerings in Cloud.
We’re currently looking for a Manager Cloud DevOps with experience in building enterprise cloud product with hyper scale to join our team in Bengaluru City to be part of our cloud journey.
You will work in a fast-paced environment with a keen commitment to customer success and work with a world class Engineering team to design and build next generation microservices based Enterprise Cloud platform using latest cutting-edge cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS. You will be responsible for architecture, design and building our next generation cloud platform and infrastructure.
As our Manager Cloud DevOps, you will be responsible for hiring, coaching, mentoring and lead a team, and building our next generation cloud product by collaborating with teams across the organization and the globe. You must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills for this role.
Technology You’ll Use not limited to the following:
- Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), cloud log services (ELK, Sumo Logic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (Elastic APM, AppDynamics, New Relic)
- Jenkins and Spinnaker CI/CD tools
- Perforce and Git version control systems
- Kubernetes, AWS EKS, Helm, Istio, Kiali, Service Mesh
- Telemetry tools which include Prometheus, ELK, Sumo Logic, Jaeger
- Web client technologies such as React and Java
- Unit testing, Integration, and end to end Karate, Cypress and Selenium
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Lead the design, implementation, and management of CI/CD pipelines.
- Manage the delivery infrastructure and tooling for multiple microservices services.
- Define clear processes and best practices for software development and delivery
- Monitor build pipelines with a sense of 'build ownership' and determination to maintain trust in the build and release management system
- Design and implement the CD/CI infrastructure
- Work closely with development teams to adjust the current build process to suit their needs
- Manage projects and resources to ensure on-time delivery of milestones
- Building and managing a team of exceptionally talented cloud DevOps engineers who are responsible for the cloud platform in our Bengaluru office
- Collaborating with several cross functional teams, architects, product managers and engineers on a day-to-day basis
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Providing hands-on development guidance to the team, mentoring with architecture and code structure, and doing code reviews
- Hiring strong and diverse talent to strengthen the team
- Establish software architecture patterns with High Availability, scale, security, monitoring, and configuration of cloud platform services.
- Planning, installing and deploying highly available solutions on public cloud
- Data center agnostic architecture and design to support AWS, GCP and Azure etc.
- Be a primary person to handle P0/P1 incidents reported in production and staging landscape
- Ensuring that software builds happen predictably, consistently and reliably
- Keep up to date on the latest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills; ability to work collaboratively with geographically distributed teams
- Designing and implementing end to end automation in CI/CD for enterprise product in cloud platform.
- Experience across entire SDLC, CI/CD tools, with configuration & release management, deployments, and troubleshooting in cloud environments
- Significant experience with tools used for automated deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers such as Kubernetes/Mesos
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Hands on experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, bamboo, Spinnaker and GoCD
- Strong scripting experience with Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems, Perforce, GitHub and code branching/merging strategies
- Expertise with build package and release tools such as npm, Maven, JVM, Ant and Gradle
- Experience with tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Sumo Logic, ELK, Zipkin, Jaeger and Opsgenie
- Experience with deploying Docker images in the Cloud delivered through AWS EKS is preferred
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes), Azure, GCP
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, Micro Services, telemetry,
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience leading Cloud DevOps engineering teams of 5 or more members
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering with DevOps experience
- 2+ years’ experience in leadership role
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Cloud Devops
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-CT1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN