Principal Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29884
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer IT Applications
Principal Business Intelligence Analyst
Informatica is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions. With over 9,000 customers worldwide, Informatica is the trusted leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management.
Reporting into the Enterprise Data Office, the Sr. BI Analyst is responsible for pivoting stories and visualize data to drive key insights. The position participates in a wide variety of business intelligence efforts and works with a variety of data owners to create visual analysis that enable stakeholders across the company to make data-driven business decisions.
The goal with each new project is to not only visualize data in a way that gives your customers the insights they need to make wide-ranging business decisions and/or report out on the health of their businesses. Each new project must also strive to establish lasting, foundational processes for the automation of the data stories; which means partnering and collaborating with stakeholders across the company.
A typical day for the Sr. BI Analyst is spent partnering with business users and data owners to understand what they want to achieve and then working with data engineers to identify, verify and test the data sources necessary to achieve those goals. This role also spends time ensuring quality data structures, applying proper statistical analysis and implementing visualization best practices via MicroStrategy & Tableau. The BI Analyst also reports their methods, findings and guidance to audiences across the enterprise and engages in high-level, business conversations about the data.
The ideal candidate for this role will excel in a highly collaborative environment and effectively manage multiple, competing priorities and demands. You will have strong MicroStrategy skills and be knowledgeable on modern BI and reporting technologies. You will be passionate about data and will always be looking for the next, most innovative way to use data and to help add value to the company. Finally, you will partner with users across the globe, so at times being available during Pacific Standard Time hours will be necessary.
- Deliver transformative solutions to clients that are aligned to industry best practices and provide thought leadership in visualization and data spaces
- Exclusive knowledge in creating and integrating MicroStrategy reports and objects (Attributes, Filters, Facts, Prompts, Templates, Consolidation and Custom Groups)
- Ability to work on the schema design, creating various calculated metrics, advanced thresholds, tuning, caching, alerts, report subscription, report bursting and report optimization
- Serve as SME/Internal Consultant to drive adoption and steward best practices of our visual analytics platform and provide expert service to users
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle. Ensure issues are analyzed, discussed, and resolved.
- Present data analysis findings to executives and other stakeholders
- Prepare complex Dossiers, Hyper Cards, Dashboards, Transaction Services documents, and Reports for business users
- Coordinate new data integration efforts with Data Engineers as needed to ensure consistency and integration with existing enterprise data warehouse structure
- Leverage and combine EDW data and ad-hoc sources for holistic analysis of data sets
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including processes, problems, changes, and solutions
- Work independently with Directors/VPs and above to create next-gen BI dashboards and articulate very clearly the stated outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Eight to ten years of post-baccalaureate experience in Business Intelligence or Information Management, ideally within competitive environment
- Seven plus years of experience with report building, data visualization, implementing high-value solutions and presenting insights to executive stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills with a leader mentality
- Very strong data visualization skills, written and oral communications along with presentation, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Expertise working with MicroStrategy & Tableau and instructing new users how to use
- Advanced knowledge in writing SQL logic
- Highly self-motivated to deliver both independently and with strong team collaboration
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone
- Enthusiasm to grow deep skill set in reporting tools and be on path toward certifications
- Knowledge of relational database structures, principles and practices and modeling
- Understanding of ETL tools
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, unlimited flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Business Intelligence Analyst
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN