Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 29912
Position Title: Instructor
Informatica University Associate Instructor
Our Instructor team is our face to the customer. Instructors deliver high-quality courses enabling our customers to apply Informatica’s products to solve a variety of corporate data initiatives. Our Informatica Certified Professional Instructors deliver classes in person and remotely, either as public or private sessions. They may also be involved in recording onDemand content for an asynchronous learning experience.
We have an opening for an US-based Informatica University Instructor and are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team to deliver high-quality product and technical use case-scenario training to customers, partners and employees. The candidate will be able to apply their deep technical and teaching backgrounds to live and virtual delivery modalities.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have dynamic communication ability matched with superb communication skills. You excel in a fast-paced environment and operate as a team player. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle the challenge. Your focus is on customer success and satisfaction at all times, and you use your communication skills effectively to keep diverse groups engaged and informed. You have the ability to independently prioritize and track complex, competing schedules and proactively anticipate and complete tasks.
In addition to the attributes mentioned, you are also able to:
- Be persuasive with written and verbal communication skills
- Prioritize tasks to reach goals and requirements
- Show a proven ability to embrace and adapt to new technologies and methods that support higher value in adult learning programs
You will be delivering technical classes to Informatica customers, partners and employees at customer locations, Informatica locations, rented computer education facilities and remotely.
You will also:
- Assist training participants with access to the remote training images, which may include coordinating with customer technical personnel
- Deliver tailored training assignments by helping to gather requirements in advance of the training, become familiar with customer’s business needs, and devise a tailored training agenda as needed
- Deliver training remotely, i.e. virtually, both as private and as public offerings
- Assist IU sales team in qualifying training offerings to customers
- Conduct quality assurance of curriculum by testing and reviewing labs and presentations.
- Provide guidance to curriculum developers in relation to the content and flow of the course material
- Share knowledge with other instructors, developers, testers, technical support, customers and other technical personnel
- Work independently, as well as with the other instructors in your team
- Maintain a high instructor rating in customer surveys of 4.4 out of 5
Your skills / experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Education, or Information Technology-related discipline
- Recommended 1+ years teaching software/hardware/RDBMS technology in a professional corporate setting
- Recommended 2 years’ experience with client/server and/or Service Oriented Architecture software products
- Recommended 2 years’ experience with current RDBMS releases such as DB2, SQL Server, or Teradata with a background in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with cloud-based technologies is a plus including, but not limited, to AWS and Azure.
- Current and solid Windows and/or UNIX operating system (OS) platform experience
- Experience with MS Office (Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience with Informatica products such as PowerCenter, as well as experience with Data Warehousing, Data Integration and programming experience (VB, PL/SQL, Java, etc.) is a plus
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Instructor
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JG1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US