Senior Revenue Analyst
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 29922
Position Title: Senior Revenue Analyst
Informatica is currently looking for a Senior Revenue Analyst with experience in software revenue recognition to join our team in Redwood City, CA.
As a Senior Revenue Analyst, you would report to the Sr. Manager of Revenue and will be very familiar with technical accounting requirements (FASB and SEC Rules and Regulations) around software revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606, as you provide input into contract negotiations to balance legal, finance and business concerns. You will work in a highly visible environment and will be responsible for determining proper revenue recognition on software and cloud sales arrangements, assisting in the management of internal controls, preparing reporting analyses for finance management and interacting with the external auditors.
What You’ll Do
- Review of software licensing and cloud arrangements to determine the appropriate accounting treatment, address potential issues, and document conclusions. Prepare revenue recognition packages for review by management. Assist in gathering information for auditors as part of the quarterly interim reviews and annual audit.
- Manage processes (including running reports and performing reconciliations) to ensure that accounting information is accurately captured and reflected in the Oracle ERP system in accordance with documented policies and GAAP and reported in a timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining Sarbanes Oxley 404 control documentation and ensure that controls are operating as documented.
- Process individual contracts in Oracle and ensure revenue is recognized appropriately in accordance with GAAP and the Company’s accounting policies.
- Assist in processing of professional services and education services revenues to ensure proper recognition of revenue in line with the rendering of such services.
- Assist in system implementations and enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration and Accountancy
- Minimum of 2 years of recent Public Accounting experience
- Software industry experience and solid understanding of software revenue recognition preferred
- Ability to understand and apply complex accounting rules to real-life transactions
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work collaboratively in a team
- Self-motivated and able to work with a limited amount of supervision
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Office
What Does Success Look Like?
You have analytical skills matched with superb communication. You excel in a fast-paced environment and exceed goals. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle any challenge. You will have demonstrated strong time management skills including the ability to independently prioritize and track competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete tasks; and self-initiate programs. You have a strong desire to learn practical applications of technical accounting standards.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Revenue Analyst
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US