Manager, Development (Java backend, Big data)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 29927
Position Title: Manager, Development
Informatica’s Master Data Management (MDM) product group builds products that deliver consolidated and reliable business-critical data to improve business operations. This single view of data, also known as master data across the enterprise, helps leading firms in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy, and other industries drive key business imperatives like increased revenue, profits, and ROI by empowering business users with consolidated and reliable business-critical data—such as customers, products, channel partners, suppliers—and the relationships between data.
We are looking for a Development Manager with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise-class software to join the MDM Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a high-performance engineering team that designs, develops, and delivers innovative products using the latest UI and server-side technologies including Big Data products.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual with high standards of excellence to help strengthen MDM’s Big Data charter. The ideal candidate should be hands-on Java & Object Oriented technologies and will have excellent management and delivery skills combined with several years of hands-on experience with Java enterprise software development. It is important for the candidate to take ownership of delivery, operate with minimal supervision and be a champion for the development team.
As an integral part of the MDM, R&D team you will be responsible for the following –
- Managing and leading the development team towards new releases and maintenance of earlier releases
- Working closely with product managers, software engineers, and architects in coming up with a technical design, estimates, and release plans
- Collaborating effectively with peers, including QA managers, architects, product manager, program manager, documentation manager
- Leading the team towards release goals by following Agile Scrum methodology
- Working with customer support organization in delivering hotfixes, emergency bug fixes, and patches on a need basis
- Hiring engineers and performance review of direct reports
- Mentoring and providing technical guidance to team members
- Reporting to the Director of Development on all aspects of product development
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields.
- 11+ years of hands-on experience in developing innovative enterprise products, of which 2 years in a management role
- A track record of delivering multi-year enterprise software products, including upgrades & maintenance packs
- Extensive experience in designing complex non-functional features including Security / Scaling / Multi-Tenancy / High Availability / Disaster Recovery / Customizations and Zero Downtime patching
- Experience in development on Big Data Platforms - Hadoop, Kafka & Spark Streaming. Exposure to TitanDB, GraphDB will be a plus.
- Familiarity with open-source frameworks and API standards is mandatory.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills, including interactions with executive management.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management, fuzzy search & match algorithms will be an advantage.
- Experience conducting performance reviews, developing technical and project proposals is mandatory.
- Exposure to / direct experience with customer support is desired.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Development (Java backend, Big data)
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN