Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 29957
Position Title: Systems Engineer
Informatica is currently looking for a Systems Engineer with experience in Red Hat Linux systems administration to join the team in our Dublin, Ireland office.
Our team, the IT Infrastructure team, is responsible for the engineering and maintenance of global storage, backup, network, and server infrastructure, as well as physical and virtual datacenters. Our team is focused on maintaining highly reliable and performance-driven systems and takes pride in its deployment of leading-edge datacenter technologies. It is a forward-looking group consisting of highly talented team members who work together closely to develop solutions which maximize the efficiency of its customers and the competitive advantage of the company.
Informatica is looking for a bright, organized, and dedicated Systems Engineer with demonstrable knowledge and experience in Red Hat Linux administration to be based in the company’s Dublin, Ireland location. This role will provide support and administration of our global enterprise portfolio of virtualized and physical systems running RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and CentOS, as well as other flavors of Unix/Linux. This support includes the planning, provisioning, support, troubleshooting, capacity planning, patching, and decommission phases of supported systems. Availability for 24x7 support (as required) is essential, as this role will play an integral part of our global “follow-the-sun” model and support systems running in our four global data centers across the globe. The successful candidate will ultimately be a key contributor in a lean and high-performing IT organization of over 100 people who are aligned in several geographically dispersed centers supporting an employee base of over 4,000 people in 25 countries.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is a highly driven, organized, and technically dynamic Linux systems administrator with excellent communication skills. You will be able to effectively manage our global Linux/Unix systems, quickly identifying and filling any individual knowledge gaps that exist. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to thrive in a diverse global team, communicate effectively (both written and verbal) in a professional and friendly manner.
- Lifecycle management of thousands of Linux/Unix systems, both on-prem and cloud-based.
- Linux system troubleshooting, performance tuning, and patching activities
- System administration workflow optimization using automation and scripting
- Identify, originate, schedule, and execute changes and improvements for Linux/Unix systems, including process documentation
- Participate in strategic objectives and projects of the global Linux/Unix team
- Work seamlessly with our other global infrastructure teams (network, storage, virtualization) on systems integration and support
- Performance capacity planning for managed resources
Your Required Skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in relevant RHEL systems administration
- Solid understanding of fundamental TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Experience working in a large multi-national global environment
- Experience working on strategic projects in these technology areas
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to excel working on a global multi-cultural team
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable technology discipline, or equivalent experience
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (5%)
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MH2
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE