Commercial Counsel, North America
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 30002
Position Title: Principal Legal Counsel
Informatica is currently looking for a Commercial Counsel with experience in software, SaaS (Cloud), partner, procurement and other agreements to join our team in one of our office locations in Redwood City, CA, Austin, TX, Cary, NC.
As Commercial Counsel, you will be responsible for negotiating on prem, SaaS (Cloud), partner, procurement and other agreements involving a variety of complex and evolving issues. In the role of Commercial Counsel, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Commercial Counsel you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills. You will also provide programmatic support for key business initiatives and transactional process improvements. This is a hands-on individual contributor role in which you will interact daily with customers, vendors, partners, senior executives and other internal clients across multiple organizations including Sales, Finance, and Procurement.
What You’ll Do
- Structure, review and negotiate outbound (revenue) commercial software and Cloud services agreements, with a primary focus on public sector transactions, as well as services, partner, and procurement contracts.
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in agreements
- Respond promptly to the demands of an active technology sales team and their management
- Support business initiatives, new go to market structures and programs and other projects as required
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent from an accredited major law school and licensed to practice in the United States
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with some in house commercial licensing/SaaS experience preferred.
- Significant experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex public sector software, SaaS, services, partner and procurement agreements
- Significant experience relating to software and SaaS centric issues, such as revenue recognition, tax, privacy, security, HIPAA, GDPR, intellectual property rights etc.
- Strong analytical, drafting, communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
What Does Success Look Like?
- United States/Canada public sector experience required (Federal, State, Local)
- Proactive, self-motivated, organized and able to meet multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment without substantial supervision
- Has intellectual curiosity and a desire for continuous learning
- Able to deal with ambiguity and develop creative and pragmatic solutions for complex and evolving issues in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrates consistently good judgment and impeccable integrity
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) : Austin, TX; Cary, NC
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Counsel, North America
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing over 15 trillion cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in all five key categories of enterprise data management and has been the trusted partner to more than 9,500 customers. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US