Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 30006
Position Title: Sr DevOps Engineer
Excited to join the team that is building next-generation enterprise cloud products? You are in the right place. Our group, Metadata Foundation R&D is on an ambitious mission to discover, analyze and map all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to find, classify, catalog and analyze data assets and data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows in the enterprise. The group is responsible for providing a unified, highly scalable and extensible metadata cataloging and visualization foundation for our fast-growing Data Catalog, Data Security and Data Governance applications and fueling intelligence for our broader Enterprise Cloud Data Management offerings in Cloud.
We’re currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with full stack development experience in building enterprise cloud product with hyper scale to join our team in Redwood city to be part of our cloud journey.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work with a world-class engineering team to design and build next-generation microservices-based Enterprise Cloud platform using the latest cutting-edge cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS. You will be responsible for architecture, design, automating and building our next generation cloud CI/CD pipeline and infrastructure. In the role of Senior DevOps Engineer, you must be able to work in and adapt to a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as a Senior DevOps Engineer, you must have strong communication, collaboration and technical skills.
Technology You’ll Use not limited to the following:
- Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), cloud log services (ELK), cloud application monitoring tools (Elastic APM, AppDynamics)
- Jenkins and Spinnaker CI/CD tools
- Perforce and Git version control systems
- Kubernetes, AWS EKS, Helm, Istio, Kiali, Service Mesh
- Telemetry tools which include Prometheus, ELK
- Web client technologies such as React and Java
- Unit testing, Integration, and end to end Karate, Cypress and Selenium
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Own and contribute towards end-to-end agile DevOps based software development life cycle with end to end automation in mind (Tools & Processes)
- Complete ownership towards end-to-end agile DevOps based software development life cycle with end to end automation in mind (Tools & Processes)
- Establish software architecture patterns with High Availability, scale, security, monitoring, and configuration of cloud platform services.
- Planning, installing and deploying highly available solutions on public cloud
- Data center agnostic architecture and design to support AWS, GCP and Azure etc.
- Develop good technical understanding of distributed systems, large-scale server and cloud infrastructures to deploy and manage microservices in both private cloud and public cloud
- Building infrastructure as code and pipeline as a code
- Supporting cloud deployment in production, staging and various dev/qa instances.
- Be a primary person to handle P0/P1 incidents reported in the production and staging landscape
- Work with development teams across multiple organizations to drive automation, establish software standards, service modularity, testing standards, and deployment/management of microservices.
- Automating build, release/deployment, manual processes and workflows.
- Ensuring that software builds happen predictably, consistently and reliably
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect scope, schedule, and quality
- Support and improve our tools, infrastructure, and processes that support rapid and reliable delivery of high-quality software to our production service.
- Advocate for improving our build and release toolchain.
- Support deployment activities of development and production releases including troubleshooting of release blockers such as infrastructure, configuration and code.
- Assist development in troubleshooting system and software issues in all environments
- Design/manage process for Docker creation pipeline
- Write effective documentation
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Keep up to date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- 5+ years of Designing and implementing end-to-end automation in CI/CD for enterprise products in the cloud platform.
- Experience across entire SDLC, CI/CD tools, with configuration & release management, deployments, and troubleshooting in cloud environments
- Significant experience with tools used for automated deployment, scaling, and operations of application containers such as Kubernetes/Mesos
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, bamboo, Spinnaker and GoCD
- Strong scripting experience with Bash, PowerShell, Python
- Strong understanding of source code version control systems, Perforce, GitHub and code branching/merging strategies
- Expertise with build package and release tools such as npm, Maven, JVM, Ant and Gradle
- Experience with tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Sumo Logic, ELK, Zipkin, Jaeger, Opsgenie is added advantage
- Experience with deploying Docker images in the Cloud delivered through AWS EKS is preferred
- Network automation such as switch configurations, routing, & load balancers
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes), Azure, GCP
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, Micro Services, telemetry,
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
Education / Experience
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering with Cloud DevOps experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US